PA system (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
noticed klipsch loudspeakers in photos from other events, then saw them
@ BIR. Has nhra purchased this system to eliminate variables from
event to event?....whatever the case, good move, system sounded excellent
sitting in various locations over the weekend

Last edited:
I believe they have Mike.....they were in Gainesville and Atlanta as well if I recall correctly.

I wear plugfones and listen to it on the radio, never have to worry about the sound system anymore

They have had their own travelling system for years, but it looks like they recently upgraded. I was the sound guy at State Capital Dragway in Baton Rouge for over 20 years. When the Cajun Nationals came to town, they were preceded by Art Hayward from the Memphis track, who oversaw the local sound system and and tree. Eventually, they started bringing the sound and tree with them. Art retired many years ago and I retired 5 years ago. Sure miss working a national event. :D

I wear plugfones and listen to it on the radio, never have to worry about the sound system anymore

I started doing something similar 2 years ago. I wanted to start hearing the top end interviews and discussions during staging procedures. Even with earbuds inside some ear muffs, with our seats at the start, at the hit the throttle the noise still tickles my eardrums.

I actually have the usual ear plugs most people wear but with a small speaker in them. They work great

I use worktunes earmuffs during the pro fuel sessions, nice to hear Bob and Alan. I heard a little promo for Klipsch ( the speaker maker) during Friday qualifying.

The production company had been using EAW boxes for about ten years or so that I know of, the Klipsch stuff just showed up this year. I haven't had the opportunity to hear them in person yet but I'd have to assume it sounds better on track. Personally I prefer EAW or even more so JBL but hey, if it works, it works!

I actually have the usual ear plugs most people wear but with a small speaker in them. They work great

sort of like the in-ear monitors musicians wear. I have a pair and they work great. I would just need a receiver. Now that I think about, Racing Electronics rents radios and headphones at the races. You just go to their booth in the midway and pay for a day.

The production company had been using EAW boxes for about ten years or so that I know of, the Klipsch stuff just showed up this year. I haven't had the opportunity to hear them in person yet but I'd have to assume it sounds better on track. Personally I prefer EAW or even more so JBL but hey, if it works, it works!

The EAWs were 20 years old and were beginning to fall apart from all the travel down the road. They were great when we first started using them but it was getting hard to get parts to repair them, and the cabinets were in sad shape.
The new Klipsch are very nice and sound great, Klipsch is very hands on with us on these as it is a new line for them. Great guys to work with and a great product that sound very clean.

sort of like the in-ear monitors musicians wear. I have a pair and they work great. I would just need a receiver. Now that I think about, Racing Electronics rents radios and headphones at the races. You just go to their booth in the midway and pay for a day.

Yeah I made sure my mp3 player had an fm tuner.

The EAWs were 20 years old and were beginning to fall apart from all the travel down the road. They were great when we first started using them but it was getting hard to get parts to repair them, and the cabinets were in sad shape.
The new Klipsch are very nice and sound great, Klipsch is very hands on with us on these as it is a new line for them. Great guys to work with and a great product that sound very clean.
I figured it had been longer than that but since I only started attending national events about a dozen years ago that's all I could account for, lol. 20 years is a pretty damn good testament to the quality that EAW was producing back then especially for the duty to which they were assigned. They've gone through a lot of changes since than and I think only relatively recently have regained some of the respect they enjoyed in the 90's and 00's.

Being in the pro sound biz, I'm always interested to hear new boxes... hopefully I'll get a chance to hear the new Klipsch's soon.

What amps and processing are in the racks now?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back