Ouch!!! (1 Viewer)

DrRocket

Nitro Member
Who was it who got the shot of brake cleaner in the eye on the Force camp?

Man, that looked painful as all get out. :eek:

Hope he doesn't have any long term consequences from that. Do they have eye rinse stations on those rigs? With all of the chemicals they use, many of them under pressure, you'd think so.

from what they showed on tv, he got the water bottle and just started pouring it in his eye, and then started working on the car again, they said

Two words... Safety Glasses!

With all that is going on during the thrash, I can't imagine everyone not wearing them.

Hope the individual is okay!

Yeah that looked a little painful!! I thought I remembered seeing eye wash stations in the pits...but I guess when you're thrashing like they were..a bottle of water is just as good as going to the eye wash station...I got some in my eye once cleaning parts on my motorcycle...my neighbors heard some choice explatives :D

T

Brake clean to the eye hurts like a SOB. It only stings for a minute or so but man it will make ya wanna drop to your knee's

With all that is going on during the thrash, I can't imagine everyone not wearing them.

At the company I work for, when you leave the office area and move into the industrial area, ie shops, manufacturing areas, etc, you're supposed to be wearing a pair. They're pretty firm about it, and and make no exceptions that I'm aware of.

And it's a good idea anyway. It's not like you can grow a new pair of eyeballs.

I can't imagine brake cleaner in the eye. I had a solid drop of anti-freeze drop squareley in my eye when I was under the car getting ready to pull the motor. I thought I was blinded for sure, next to a kidney stone, it was the worst pain I've ever experienced.

I have had lacquer thinner in my eyes TWICE.... very painful, just like liquid fire, and your vision is very blurry for some time after the pain goes away.

At Sonoma a few years ago, I was watching the Grubnic car get turned around. There is a young dude that does the clutch on that car. Another crew dude was undoing some fuel line and accidentally squirted a bunch of nitro in the clutch guy's eyes/face.
He just stopped for about a couple seconds, wiped it off and kept working on the clutch.:cool:

Sure hope OSHA doesn't jump on this televised incident. They would probably require full-body suits and full head/face coverage for any crew member within 50 feet of the car in the pits.

Sure hope OSHA doesn't jump on this televised incident. They would probably require full-body suits and full head/face coverage for any crew member within 50 feet of the car in the pits.

That's the same thing I thought also.The problem I can see with safety glasses is sweating & either they slip off or wose yet they fog up & you can't see anything, then specators get hurt by flying glasses when you get fed up & toss them.

I've been squirted with brake clean, squirted our bottom end guy a couple times. Burns like hell for a bit.

break clean aint no big deal, I have forgotten to soak up the risidual Nitro in the cylinders befor pullin the slugs and nailed the divers. Gotta take care of the bottom end guys, Besides it really hurts to get a torque wrench or dead blow in the shins

I was thinking the same thing at work tonight, where I have to wear safety glasses. I got brake clean under my wedding ring a few months ago. I had a red ring on my finger for a couple days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back