Off Topic - Covid-19 Vaccine (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Anybody been vaccinated yet? I got my first dose of the Monderna vaccine yesterday at my local VA, going for the booster shot next month. No side effects so far, just wondering if any Maters have gotten it and had issues?

Anybody been vaccinated yet? I got my first dose of the Monderna vaccine yesterday at my local VA, going for the booster shot next month. No side effects so far, just wondering if any Maters have gotten it and had issues?
My dad got the same vaccine 2 weeks ago, he has had no side effects.

a friend had the first shot and she had side effects; so much so she wasn't really looking forward to second shot. not sure what brand she had.....she is 54.

a friend had the first shot and she had side effects; so much so she wasn't really looking forward to second shot. not sure what brand she had.....she is 54.
That is the first person with side effects that I have heard of. It would be interesting to know which manufacturer. I received Moderna with no side effects. Go back for second shot next week.

That is the first person with side effects that I have heard of. It would be interesting to know which manufacturer. I received Moderna with no side effects. Go back for second shot next week.
I know a few who have had side effects (namely: headache, sore arm, and fatigue), but they were all pretty much back to normal the day after. I think they've come from both Pfizer and Moderna, but I could be wrong. I know far more people who experienced no or minimal effects than those who did.

My dad revieved his 2nd shot last week and my wife received her first shot on Sunday, both had no reactions other than a sore arm which is standard with most vaccines.

got mine (1st Moderna) about 9 days ago. A little sore arm for a day is all. Pretty much get that from any shot.

I just got back from the VA where I got my second dose of the Monderna vaccine, they made me wait for 15 minutes to see if I had any immediate reaction. I was cleared to go and other than a sore arm at the injection site no problems so far.

My dad has been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. No side effects other than the sore arm that goes away after a bit. Still waiting for FL to have the age limit dropped to where I can get it.

I have had both Moderna shots, 1st one had sore arm (normal) fatigue (was fine when I sat down) and a mild head ache. 2nd shot, nothing. Actually was somewhat energetic,. Vacuumed the whole house and then rode my mountain bike on a 16 mile trail ride. And I did not crash... 😁

GOT MY FIRST MODERNA YESTERDAY AT KAISER AND GOT A SNOOPY BAND-AID !!....NO SORE ARM....NO PROBLEMS......

Brit here.

I had the Astra Zeneca about 3 weeks ago. I felt a bit grotty for a couple of days, then fine.

The mass vaccine centre a went to was pretty slick - I felt like a wheel being changed in an F1 race. One lady was asking me the standard questions, a second was writing answers down and a third was on stabbing duty!

I found the sight of hundreds of people being vaccinated at once quite impressive - hopeful even.

Throughput was helped by the fact that we Brits are the undisputed inter-galactic champions of *queueing* (or Standing in Line as you guys call it :) ).

have to remember this isn't the first time an entire population has been vaccinated, it just hasn't happened for many decades.
i think we all have our various opinions on political aspects from the last year, but getting the vaccine should be an easy decision for everyone to make.
do it for yourself, your family and friends, and your business/work environment.

Down here in Florida anyone 18 and up can now schedule a vaccine appointment on line. So far over 9 million of Florida's total population of 21.5 million have been fully vaccinated. We still have to wear masks when in public places except when eating & drinking and every business is allowed 100% capacity. Florida allows outdoor gatherings (read drag racing) at 85% capacity. I'm so glad I don't live in California...

In my county in IL, anyone 16 and older can get the vaccine. I got my first shot last Monday. I got the Moderna shot and the only side effect was a sore arm the next day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back