Observations on the race telecast (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
First of all, kudos to John Kernan--as always his presence lends class and credibility to the telecast--well done.
Now a complaint--does it bother anyone else when they show and interview in the little window with sound when a fairly major race is taking place silently on the rest of the screen? If the countdown is really important, and a round that has major implications to the points chase is happening, couldn't the interviews be held to another time? I enjoy the insight that some of these interviews provide when they are not robotic Force-like rambling recitations of sponsors names, but darn, I'd rather hear the play by play of a pivotal round. It just seemed to me there was way more than the normal instances of interviews on top of rounds yesterday. How bout the rest of the maters?

I thought it seemed as though there have been ALOT less interviews lately. Not sure why but from a sponsors standpoint alone, that has to stink. Less TV time. Wonder if they are trying something new.

Countdown fever chasing me away again...just glad I flipped back over in time to see Steve's win.

Tune into a drag race and get a talk show. now if they'd just kill the graphics superimposed over the cars, I'd really be happy...

overall, I'd give it a seven last night... nice to know Austin casts a big shadow.:rolleyes:

d'kid

Tune into a drag race and get a talk show. now if they'd just kill the graphics superimposed over the cars, I'd really be happy...

overall, I'd give it a seven last night... nice to know Austin casts a big shadow.:rolleyes:

d'kid

I know..I was yelling at the television last night...enough already, I want to see the racing and finally hit the mute button!! :mad: Maybe I was just a bit punchy last night...

I WODER if the fact that the race was going Live/Real-Time on ESPN360 had ANYTHING to do with the way the show was put together yesterday.

I was surpried that Paul, Mike and the guys put in a pretty full day.

Re: Good start - some obvious teething problems <jumpy - not great quality - video - intermittent audio> but a BIG step in the right direction.

I WODER if the fact that the race was going Live/Real-Time on ESPN360 had ANYTHING to do with the way the show was put together yesterday.

I was surpried that Paul, Mike and the guys put in a pretty full day.

Re: Good start - some obvious teething problems <jumpy - not great quality - video - intermittent audio> but a BIG step in the right direction.
Hey Jim, that's a good observation--didn't think of that myself--could be the reason for the more audio heavy broadcast....

I thought it seemed as though there have been ALOT less interviews lately. Not sure why but from a sponsors standpoint alone, that has to stink. Less TV time. Wonder if they are trying something new.

Countdown fever chasing me away again...just glad I flipped back over in time to see Steve's win.

I agree completely PJ. It appears that the interviews are becoming fewer and fewer. As a Mike Edwards fan, I rarely ever see him interviewed unless he wins the race. I'm sure that's probably just fine with Mike, since he is so humble anyway.

Okay, maybe I put that wrong... what got me was the yepping and yapping about how this pass is going to affect the points or 'neither are in the top ten, so...' or 'so and so can be a spoiler'...
This kinda like changing the baseball standings after every out. or football standings after every series of downs...

Recap the points at the end of the race, after all, going rounds means you earn points, not doing that means you don't... we just need two minutes at the end of the broadcast.... that's when you do the graphics.

d'kid

Karl I mostly agree with you, except... I'd add that after all qualifying it might be nice to see a point recap -- since qualifying does make significant points differences, and there is a finite moment when qualifying is done.

But I agree, the minute by minute stuff is silly...

point taken Christopher... haven't watch qualifying since early spring... don't see any point in it personally. already have all the numbers, and the 'only twelve made a run on friday' just pisses me off...

d'kid

I agree with most of the points stated here...One thing that always bugs me is constant attention to anything Force or Schumacher. Show some love to the not-so-popular racers, as often those are the most down to earth guys (or gals).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back