Now This is Old School! (1 Viewer)

um......that is really cool - thanks alan....specially the video @ end.
george michaels of 'sports machine' fame - who knew.

Very cool!

Ahh Jungle Pam.......

Indeed!!

They were at a match race I attended at KCIR. Pam was backing Jungle up from a dry hop, when she dropped down to look under the car for leaks, wearing her trademark cutoffs.

Oh. My. Gawd!!!!
jawdrop.gif

I couldn't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday, but that image is seared into my memory........:eek:

Last edited:
Reminds me of the "fallout" at the Cordova 1973 World Series Race.
A great looking gal backing up Roland's car (Bonin driving I think) lost her halter top half way back to the starting line, she hadn't even noticed her "wardrobe malfunction" but the 15 thousand admiring fans sure did.
Thanks to Pam and all the other great looking gals that guided those cars back in the "old days"

Last edited:
Now That's what I/m talked about!!!

plus, George Michael Sports Machine - greatest 1/2 sports show on TV in the 80's!

Very cool, Thanks for posting.
Back from the first times I went to Raceway Park.

There are some things very good about being an "old guy" now....

One of them being I was a young guy then!

That's beyond cool, Alan! :D Of course that was back when a go-go-boot-wearing Shirl' was driving Connie's flip-top race car. I dunno... "if" I had money back then, my money woulda' been on Cha-Cha and her crew chief/car owner!!! But.. watching this footage of Jim and Pam...is rather pleasant :) ALL is right in the world. Jim was - and IS... great. But Pam...... well.. :) :D

Great Stuff Alan ! I'm looking forward to the Nostalgia F/C race at Texas Raceway April 28th .
Jungle's Vega had a trap speed of 189 MPH !
Today's Pro Mods easily do that in a eighth !
I guarantee they were ever bit as much of a thrill back then as now !

I had to pass it on to friends I'm ragging to join me at that Race !
The Dallas Based Big Mike Burkhart Tribute car is still the Champion and the car to beat !

I had the pleasure and honor to see Jungle numerous times at Connecticut Dragway, New England Dragway, and Englishtown. He was always willing to stop whatever he was doing working on the car in the pits to talk to a fan or sign an autograph. It makes you wonder what the sport would have been like if he weren't taken from us at such a prime time in his life.

I was hanging out with Roy Harris of Brutus fame on that ill fated night. Jungle came into the shop to show Roy the paint job he put on his corvette. A half hour later he was gone. I was on top of the world that night because Jungle knew may name and said hello. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back