Nostalgia Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

Marchboom

Nitro Member
With the popularity of nostalgia funny cars, I was wondering about the possibility of a nostalgia Pro Stock class. I like the early P/S cars much better than the current ones and they would be much cheaper to build. And I can identify the early cars. The new cars all look alike.

Would be great to see a Sox & Martin 'Cuda racing Grumpy's Toy!

They dont need another class to fill up the day. Bowsers cant run them all anyway.
Also what year did Pro Stock officially begin? It may not fit into the "Nostalgia" Category.

They dont need another class to fill up the day. Bowsers cant run them all anyway.
Also what year did Pro Stock officially begin? It may not fit into the "Nostalgia" Category.

P/S started with the 1970 Winternationals. I was there and the crowd loved this new class. Grumpy won that first race.

This class would be run at the nostalgia races and/or local match races (like the old days), not the national events except as an exhibition class. I'll bet the crowd would like the nostalgia P/S cars better than the current ones. It's not so much the E.T and speed as much as you can identify the older cars. The current cars all look the same.

P/S started with the 1970 Winternationals. I was there and the crowd loved this new class. Grumpy won that first race.

This class would be run at the nostalgia races and/or local match races (like the old days), not the national events except as an exhibition class. I'll bet the crowd would like the nostalgia P/S cars better than the current ones. It's not so much the E.T and speed as much as you can identify the older cars. The current cars all look the same.

Fans would love it, besides it motivated me to start racing.:cool:

I think we are getting carried away with "nostalgia" classes? Isn't the Hemi Challenge cars close to this now? Take a look at one.......not too close to an original SS car. Actually more sophisticated than a 80's PS car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back