NORWALK NIGHT UNDER FIRE (1 Viewer)

Any maters going ? should we call a meeting ? Sounds like a great show. Sat Aug. 15

(6) Big show Nitro FC's
John Force
Courtney Force
Matt Hagan
Cruz Pedregon
Dale Creasy Jr.
Jack Wyatt

6 jets - 2 jet FC's / 2 jet dragsters / 2 jet trucks (one with 3 jet engines)

10 outlaw Pro-mods vs 10 outlaw dragsters
nostalgia AA/Gassers with bugs = (back up girls )

200mph NDRL Pro 7.0 - (1979 & older FC's, altereds, door slammers, & front motor dragsters )

2 monster trucks

$100,000 Dollar Firework display
Oh and the ever popular POUND of ice cream $1.

Was thinking about going. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm a bit disappointed that there are only 6 funny cars. Used to be 8. Still a good show though. Very packed. Get there early, or you'll be stuck in traffic while hearing nitro and jet cars going down the track. Happened to me one year.

Summit Motorsports Park’s Fabled Night Under Fire Fireworks
Details
Monday 10 August, 2015
Fireworks%202015.jpg
While the fireworks for Summit Motorsports Park’s first Night Under Fire were minimal, the fireworks planned for the 38th Annual Kelly Services Night Under Fire are anything but.

Cleverly choreographed to patriotic music, they’ll be sent to the sky from 23 different positions, and there will be exactly — not approximately — 16,240 shells and special-effects.

And because Summit Motorsports Park president Bill Bader, Jr. has a penchant for the elaborate and explosive, expect a lot of fireballs to be part of the sixteen-minute display, which costs $100,000 to produce.

For information about the event, which is Saturday, Aug. 15 and features John Force and other NHRA drivers, Bob Motz and other exhibition drivers and more, call 419-668-5555 or visit www.summitmotorsportspark.com.

I skipped it. TOO far to go for just SIX nitro runs, (six funny cars that run twice). It used to be eight. We've been slighted. Also, the crowd is a pain in the ass. The fireworks are awesome, but I live in New Castle, PA. The fireworks capitol of the world and where Zambelli is from. I've seen it all. Sorry Norwalk. Had to skip you this year. GET MORE NITRO CARS !!!!!

Six nitro runs ?? John made 4 passes himself 4.03 , 4.01. I was not there for the early runs, but ALL 6 cars came out for both rds of the show, so that's 12
Anyway Courtney was cookin, TWO 4.00 passes, 319 & 322mph

I was referring to "pairs" of funny cars. Glad to hear JFR was running well. Now they need to do it when it counts.

If Bader was the new President of NHRA, racers would be fiting off sponsors.

Elmer Tredtt used to be booked into all of these Bader shows. And he told me how corographed the whole thing was. Never any dead tome. They wanted to assult the senses of the spectastors non stop.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back