Norwalk cancelled (1 Viewer)

It will be really interesting to find out if Bader was in negotiations with this, or if it was flat out cancelled by NHRA.

I wondered who actually made the call on this. I read somewhere (Bobby's site, maybe?) that there was a preliminary schedule leaked that didn't include Norwalk, which I would assume pissed Bader off and he took it upon himself to cancel it.

Sean D

I heard a rumor (nothing to back it up, so definitely don't take anything I say as absolute truth) that it was Summit who backed out and that the priority is to get in the races with title sponsors. I can't verify, but it would make sense.

Brad, If that's true I'd love to see Jeg's pick up the ball.
Since Summit moved in on there home turf at National Trail years ago.

Based on NHRA schedule, Norwalk will probably lose Night Under Fire also. One of the best (and best managed) racetracks in USA. Makes no sense, something else going on here? Curious if the Bader's will be an NHRA track in the future.

Well, with being only allowed 25% of capacity, Would you? I saw that Disney parks are going to re-open, Can you imagine the loss they are gonna take? Look at their overhead. I don't blame him for his decision

I'm surprised. I'm in Michigan and we have had tougher lockdowns but a few tracks have opened in the last 2 weeks. It started with limited cars but has increased. I don't see him being able to hold his bigger events for awhile but the standard weekend, local guys races that don't draw a crowd anyway should be doable. It's a shame, after the weather issues they had last year and now this year being wiped out that's a couple hard blows in a row.

I’m not sure I understand the hate. I have had a lot of bad experiences at tracks over the last 40 or so years but I don’t remember one from Norwalk. I’ve been there countless times.

Poor Little Rich Kid taking his football and going home? Lucky Drag City, east of Cleveland near Erie Pa, ran on Sunday. :D

This is not a "Poor little rich kid taking his football andgoing home". Unfortunately he is "At Home" and he has bills to pay that he would do almost any thing to get that done and get his 350 employees back to work. Sounds pretty responsabile to me. According to Autoweek Bader is leveraged to the tune of $7,000,000 that he went out on a limb for to put on the best experience possible this year. Not only are the Drag Races a bust so are 7 or 8 other large events that were scheduled to be done in 2020 at the facility. It is hard enough to be a promoter in good times, but to be hit with one "whammy" after another is real close to being unbearable. People like this know what the risk is when the throw the dice, but they can't know when the dice are loaded against them. I hope he pulls through for his and his employees sake and comes out on the other side way ahead of the game.

I have been to every track on the NHRA tour many times over and Norwalk has been one of my favorites for years. It is the only track that I have ever been to that when the teams pull into the pits on Wed with the haulers a lady brings drinks and donuts on a golf cart to us at no charge. Norwalk goes the extra mile from their Patriotic uniforms, nice clean restrooms, an awesome facility with great racing and fireworks...and how can I forget about the delicious dollar a pound ice cream. :D

Poor Little Rich Kid taking his football and going home? Lucky Drag City, east of Cleveland near Erie Pa, ran on Sunday. :D
“Poor little rich kid” learned his trade from one of the greatest Drag Racing promoters of all time, learned the right way, he and the facility are second to none.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back