Norwalk 1320 Covered in Dirt (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
Got a Email from Norwalk over a month ago, about this deal. Not sure what to think of it.
Last time I was at Norwalk in 2018. Bader had just spent One Million Dollars on concrete.
From starting line to the finish line. Do you really want to cover it in dirt? Better hope it
doesn't rain, but then again if it does rain, just have mud bog races.

1639066822686.png

Last edited:
This has been done at several tracks. I don't ever recall there being a situation where the track surface suffered any damage.

They bury the baseball field at Angel Stadium every January in dirt for monster truck and motocross races. They've gotten so used to doing it that rather than import the dirt every year they created a place in the parking lot north of the steel Big A to store it all year. Yet somehow the grass is green again for opening day (it comes fresh from a local desert sod farm).

They bury the baseball field at Angel Stadium every January in dirt for monster truck and motocross races. They've gotten so used to doing it that rather than import the dirt every year they created a place in the parking lot north of the steel Big A to store it all year. Yet somehow the grass is green again for opening day (it comes fresh from a local desert sod farm).
Monster energy supercross makes them keep the dirt, they do it for all the venues they race at.

Monster energy supercross makes them keep the dirt, they do it for all the venues they race at.
I imagine that the touring events would do that. Imaging the cost saving having the dirt on site v.s. having them bring it in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back