No win, No Title (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

The problem is the countdown. It would be very hard to win a 23 race championship heads up without winning a race, although Tony Schumacher could have done it 1999 - luckily he won the next to last race of the year I think it was....I say luckily because Tony said himself he didn't want to win the championship without winning a race.

As a bracket racer I am a firm believer in the most round wins, regardless of the number of victories, totalling to the season championship.

If the countdown format were a three or four race runoff, with the IHRA champions included, for an additional $500,000.00, it would add all the excitement, new faces, new marketing opportunities, and not detract from the effort of winning the most rounds enroute to the NHRA championship.

Anyway... You heard it here first, maybe someone "higher up" is reading?

If you feel this way, (Not saying that I do), there is an easy way to do that. Give the winner of the event 25 points for winning the finals rather than 20. (Or even 30 if you wanted.) That way there is more bonus for winning the event, and more incentive to do so. But saying "You had the most points, but didn't win an event. So we are going to give the trophy to #2", that is not right in any world.

I totally agree, Buzz. I've always thought there should be an extra bonus for winning the event.

Sean D

Awarding a season championship to anyone other than the racer who garnered the most points throughout the season is just plain ridiculous.
Whether they won a national event or not is irrelevant.
However, I do not disagree with giving the winner of an event some extra points.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back