No Toronto...... (1 Viewer)

Kati

Nitro Member
It's just sad that things like this have to happen. I just don't undertsand WHY the track folks couldn't (or wouldn't) take care of things......I was really looking forward to the event this year. (Since I won it last year.....:()

NitroJam.com

I was supposed to work that one this year. Maybe I can pick up the SPORTSNationals event at Columbus the same weekend instead.

It's just sad that things like this have to happen. I just don't undertsand WHY the track folks couldn't (or wouldn't) take care of things......I was really looking forward to the event this year. (Since I won it last year.....:()

NitroJam.com

It's called greed, we had a track like here in San Antonio, the no longer existing Alamo Dragway, they just milked the cash cow untill it went dry, just like TMP did.

Last edited:
Maybe add Leicester-(Ny International) next year if the new owners give it some TLC.

That would be great, but NYIRP needs more work than Toronto. In any case, despite the fact that the pits and the weather suck in Toronto, I always enjoyed the racing there and am sorry to see that they could not work something out with the IHRA.:(

yes bobby...i do agree!

That was such a good event...at a track with potential.

As your article from last year states ...too many chances were given to TMP...it was time to **** or get off the pot. I was just hoping it didn't have to come to this....the fans there were fantastic.

this is to bad we are starved for good drag racing up here. The IHRA should look in to moving that race to Grand Bend. we love our drag racing up here. I live just down the road from the grand Bend Motorplex as well as have work on many IHRA and NHRA nitro teams.I have seen the stands packed for a macth races on the september long weekend. even last year wile helping out Jack Ostrander we had 3 crew members and pushed out a head gasket on the frist run. the racing was over for a good 2 hours I think. Except runing us vs Dale Creasy we got it back togther pulled up to the line and not a fan left the stands were still packed like it was the IHRA event. Thats how much we love it up here.

this is to bad we are starved for good drag racing up here. The IHRA should look in to moving that race to Grand Bend. we love our drag racing up here. I live just down the road from the grand Bend Motorplex as well as have work on many IHRA and NHRA nitro teams.I have seen the stands packed for a macth races on the september long weekend. even last year wile helping out Jack Ostrander we had 3 crew members and pushed out a head gasket on the frist run. the racing was over for a good 2 hours I think. Except runing us vs Dale Creasy we got it back togther pulled up to the line and not a fan left the stands were still packed like it was the IHRA event. Thats how much we love it up here.

I know Ben....that's why I love racing up there....even as a sportman competitor. I thought about the Grand Bend option....maybe IHRA did too...don't know.

Does Grand Bend even have a weekend available?

Any thoughts of a second event there are pointless if the track's calendar is full.

Jim

Does Grand Bend even have a weekend available?

Any thoughts of a second event there are pointless if the track's calendar is full.

Jim

I am sure that Ron could change an event if he could get the second event there. maybe we should all start e mailing the IHRA or hell I might even stop buy there office on my way to the norwalk track for the NHRA event next weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back