No news on these Nitro top ten rides 2019 (1 Viewer)

With everyone calling Pro Stock ... Pro Camaro, I'm sorta waiting for ProMod being referred to as Pro Turbo.

Wonder if cuadra is still having his sons race? Havent heard anything on that since late last year
I haven’t heard either but it was supposed to be a late season addition if I remember correctly. His crew chief was supposed to run a limited schedule as well.

In my book nothing looks (and sounds) meaner in pro mod than that big ol blower sticking thru ghe hood! My interest will drop considerably if turbo cars become the majority

Being that there are more blower cars entered for Gainesville than turbocharged ones, we've got a ways to go there.

Brian
Agreed, the momentum has changed but not yet the scoreboard, just lamenting the demise of nitrous as a third power adder. My guess is that Rickie is going to figure out how to make the turbo's 60ft and the NHRA is going to be forced to change max boost or turbo size within the year. Of course Rickie is going to be smart about it and make it look like the Harleys do/used to do.

Just my prediction .... Rickie's warning is going to come true. Take the engine away from him (not tuning) and give him everything behind the crankshaft to focus on .... it's gonna be like a kid in a candy store if he can manage to ignore the engine and learn what the rest wants.

Last edited:
So what if NHRA increased the size of the nitrous engine, to, say, 960 like PDRA runs? Would that put the nitrous cars back in competition? I mean, if they can run 5.70's at 250 plus with a little 902 motor....

Like body styles, the masses will typically shift to the combination that has the most horsepower potential. Those big nitrous engines last a lot longer when you don't make em work those last 2 seconds. Musi would be infinitely more qualified to respond than me. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy watching, but I think we are going to watch the tables turn.

I wish someone could interview Musi and hear his thoughts on this. That would really be interesting. Musis' King Kong has gone 209 MPH in the 1/8th with a 960" nitrous motor, with Lisa driving. I think that is just unreal, to go that fast in the 1/8th. What would that be in the 1/4 mile, about 258 - 259? Wow......

Agreed, the momentum has changed but not yet the scoreboard, just lamenting the demise of nitrous as a third power adder. My guess is that Rickie is going to figure out how to make the turbo's 60ft and the NHRA is going to be forced to change max boost or turbo size within the year. Of course Rickie is going to be smart about it and make it look like the Harleys do/used to do.

Just my prediction .... Rickie's warning is going to come true. Take the engine away from him (not tuning) and give him everything behind the crankshaft to focus on .... it's gonna be like a kid in a candy store if he can manage to ignore the engine and learn what the rest wants.

Being that Rickie will not be tuning or have a role in tuning the car, it is Steve Petty that will continue to do this.

Being that Rickie will not be tuning or have a role in tuning the car, it is Steve Petty that will continue to do this.

Clearly I misunderstood some talk. I certainly understand Rickie won't be involved with the engine itself, but I didn't think he was persona nongrata from the chassis tuning aspects (like say the Nobile's with Elite pro stock power ... I know we are talking pro mod and not pro stock, but as an example).

You are paid to know, and I pay to watch, I guess you can take the spots off one of the best leopards ever.

Talking about where we are is boring, musing about where we are headed is where the fun is.

Guess no new crew chief for doug kalitta? Guess is still possible grubby may end up there???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back