Nitromethane, Good, Bad, Ugly (1 Viewer)

Nitro4U

Nitro Member
Today was a sad day in the Drag Racing World when I saw what I saw on National Tv when companies can dictate how we as Americans must spend our dollar thats pretty sad. Hell we don't even know who to vote for! It's also a sad day when none of the racers have enough B---------lls to band together to stop Antitrust situations from happening in the sport we all love. This weekend I have been sitting in a Burn ward at Shriners Hospital in Sacramento with my grand son laying on a gurney. He was helping me get some work done before we leave for St Louis to do the All Harley Drag Races. While he was assisting me a gasoline fire flashed off and caused severe burns to his face and arm. He was life flighted to the hospital and he made it to the semis, the only thing left, was the main event which he made it to this evening. He wanted to see drag racing and also the x games as we have a rider that runs our gasoline that was in the Step Up, "Matt Buyten", "Guess what, he won the Gold" Drag Racing came on and I started getting numerous calls from nitromethane racers at Las Vegas in regards to the fine that was levied. I didn't really want to be in this fight but right is right and wrong is wrong. Most of you know that I have been in the Nitromethane buisness for along time with some pretty good results. What I saw this evening was a bad situation. Nitromethane has taken it's toll on my family and myself over the years but I guess I'm to stupid to quite and will I, never! My kids already said they would bury me in two barells welded together to save cost. Most of you know that with the New Homeland Security issues that you are only to have in your possession 400LBS of nitromethane at anyone time. I don't want to get into this at this time.
$100,000.00 fine who set that perameter? Hell if it was me it would of been a million, as you all know NHRA loves me. I would like to tell the whole world what has really transpired in Nitromethane racing, instead of you hearing and beliving the other side. What do I have to loose? I have spent the last two months, with Home land Security everyday and also with DOT going over all the Nitromethane handeling procedures as I felt something was not exactly right.
Proposal::::
I would like to invite NHRA, IHRA, IHBA, AHDRA, BONNEVILLE, American Sand Drag Racing Association, any organization that runs Nitromethane. All Media
ESPN, ESPN 2, SPEED, FOX, all magazine publications, all internet publications. I would like to tell you all the truth about what has taken place in the sport we all love. I would also like to invite any racer that uses Nitromethane. Hobbiest you are welcome. I would also like to invite any other
Nitromethane suppliers to attend as well and feel free to speak at this forum.
Track Operators you too need to attend!

If you want to save our sport and don't want corporate America dictating
to you where your dollars are spent then you need to "Stand Up and Be Heard". As most of you know my son, I, and John Warreen from World Wide Racing Fuels started Pro Nitro and Don Schumacher took it over from there.
It is true that Pro Nitro was the fuel that was legal in NHRA Monday through
Thursday but not on race day, Guess who's quote that was.

I will promise you that Homeland Security Officials and DOT Officials will be present for any questions and anwsers you may have.

Any Takers

I will supply a facility to hold the forum at, that is convenient for all to attend.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to be apart of the forum

775-690-3488
Jim Mac Monagle

Jim:

I'm no expert, but with the current nitro issues, I think there is much more about this than most of the drag racing community knows about.

Let me throw out a theory:

NITRO price increases and quasi-monopolization is a form of WAR ON TERROR PROFITEERING. Just a technique created by some major racing nitro companies to squeeze more bux out of their semi monopoly.

The above is just an opinion of my own to ignite some internet message board speculation.

PRO - as an organization, seems to be completely incapable of doing much in the way of helping the interests of the racers. However, they may be good at safety type issues, which most can generally agree about anyway.

They are less than impressive in so many other areas that impact their own self interest over at NHRA.

Best wishes for your son's recovery.

-90% Jimmy

Jimmy Thanks for your imput and thankyou about my grandson Ryan, hopefully some will want to see how this pans out.
Jim

Jimmy Thanks for your imput and thankyou about my grandson Ryan, hopefully some will want to see how this pans out.
Jim
I am definitely interested in how this pans out. NHRA will want to squash your little forum, because it will bring to light more of their greed that has played out. It was apparent to most what was going on when it was announced 2 years ago that only nitro allowed at NHRA National events had to be purchased through VP racing Fuels. Don Schumacher made it known at that time that he was trying to help the racers, and that NHRA would not have any part of it. That's why, when I heard Graham Light make his announcement last night, the first thing that came to my mind was that it was all based on them trying to control the costs.

Also, best wishes to a speedy recovery for Ryan!

Last edited:
I would love to know the rest of the story

as for PRO they need to look at some binding deal among them, hire somone not associated with any team and have the run it. It's hard for someone to be president of an organization when one something they may need to do the help the sport hurts their team.

Lance Thanks for the imput, alot of people have sent private emails for this to work people need to all help make it work

I wish you all the best Jim, you've got my admiration. You have the courage to stick it all out there, and like you said, what can they do? I wish there were more like you out there. NHRA deserves to have this exposed in front of all, they opened up this can of worms again by imposing their BS fine in Vegas, and $100,000 is a rediculous amount of money for something that has no merit. NHRA only taken more and more from the racers over the years, where it really should be the other way around! They should be trying to help the teams survive, instead they've taken sponsorship dollars, they taken souvenir sales, they've taken catering dollars, they've taken BS penalties, and now they get a kickback on the fuel that the racers MUST use!

I say lay it all out there, expose it for what it really is!:eek:

Good luck Jim, this is a big mess, I hope everyone will step up and help to fix it before it screws up the sport even more, Thanks for stepping up

Wonder what would happen if the TF & FC teams decided to sit out a qualifying session or two because of the BS rules ?

First off "Jim sorry to hear about your grandson"

I posted this on another thread but feel it needs to be on this one as well:

Here’s my take- companies like VP pay a lot of money to the NHRA to be the “Official Fuel” and they purchased the right to set guidelines within the NHRA or any sanctioning body, the monies they pay help build and support the “association” (in theory).

NHRA sold this to VP.

I know if I paid for the “Official Fuel” rights I would want it as such.

Slap DS on the wrist (not a $100K fine), clarify the rules and let’s go racing!

I feel people (or me) are missinturpriting whats going on, I dont feel this is a "BS Rule"
Jim if you paid the big coin to be the sole supplier of fuel to the pro cars at national events wouldnt you be a little pissed if someone brought fuel into your event?
I know, I know, Dont give me crap for standing up for VP.
Bottom line is NHRA set the rules, we play by them (nitro, gas, tires or whatever), we cant bend them when we feel like it.
-Don

I would love to know the rest of the story

as for PRO they need to look at some binding deal among them, hire somone not associated with any team and have the run it. It's hard for someone to be president of an organization when one something they may need to do the help the sport hurts their team.

That is a very good point. An independent president, with no vested interest in any one team is the only way to go. Someone with some background in the nitro ranks, and said person must have the balls to stand up to the powers that be.

First off "Jim sorry to hear about your grandson"

I posted this on another thread but feel it needs to be on this one as well:

Here’s my take- companies like VP pay a lot of money to the NHRA to be the “Official Fuel” and they purchased the right to set guidelines within the NHRA or any sanctioning body, the monies they pay help build and support the “association” (in theory).

NHRA sold this to VP.

I know if I paid for the “Official Fuel” rights I would want it as such.

Slap DS on the wrist (not a $100K fine), clarify the rules and let’s go racing!

I feel people (or me) are missinturpriting whats going on, I dont feel this is a "BS Rule"
Jim if you paid the big coin to be the sole supplier of fuel to the pro cars at national events wouldnt you be a little pissed if someone brought fuel into your event?
I know, I know, Dont give me crap for standing up for VP.
Bottom line is NHRA set the rules, we play by them (nitro, gas, tires or whatever), we cant bend them when we feel like it.
-Don

Don, i agree with what your saying here but i think it's bigger than that. DSR and other teams have been using the cheaper fuel for some time for testing. So this is not a new issue but this is the first we've heard about it. NHRA has been under the heat for a lot of issues like chassis,payouts,track prep and condition etc,, so i think they seized the opportunity to shift focus on other issues like DSR and did it in a large way. From what we're hearing on Nitro it's about to backfire and i think it's about time. I hope Jim gets this done, the racers and fans need the truth told.

Hey Guys, I think you might be missing jim's concerns, it sounds to me like he is seeing Home land Security being used as a tool to raise the price of nitro, We have enough problems for home land security that has nothing to do with drag racing, I do not believe Jim has any problem with having a official fuel source at the races, just leave home land security out of the pricing. He is also fully approved by home land security and knows all the cost's.

Hey Guys, I think you might be missing jim's concerns, it sounds to me like he is seeing Home land Security being used as a tool to raise the price of nitro, We have enough problems for home land security that has nothing to do with drag racing, I do not believe Jim has any problem with having a official fuel source at the races, just leave home land security out of the pricing. He is also fully approved by home land security and knows all the cost's.

Good point Mark,
from what I know HLS has not made any public demands, statements or warnings on Racing Nitro, Jim I know you told me about HLS at the March Meet but we had no men in black no helicopters nothing. Not to be disrespectful Jim but I hear a lot of worried talk from every one but HLS has not contacted me or any of my distributors regarding Nitro. -Don

The BS Homeland Security rules are bad enough but the VP only rule is even worse.
So if Pontiac paid good money to be the Official car of NHRA and somebody showed up at tech with another brand they shouldn't race?

Men and Ladies

Home Land Security only requires you get Top Line Screened. They do not insist on any other securtity measures or action on your part. They want to know where 401 pounds of product are. All of the other bS is so the price can be raised.

Men and Ladies

Home Land Security only requires you get Top Line Screened. They do not insist on any other securtity measures or action on your part. They want to know where 401 pounds of product are. All of the other bS is so the price can be raised.

How much does a gallon of nitro weigh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back