Health risks and Nitromethane? (1 Viewer)

John, see my post above, yeah, now days I do wear a respirator and ear muffs, and believe me, I feel, See and hear everything, and i do get a hit of yellow gas as the car clicks off. :)

The muffs mellow the high end whine of the huffer, but still get the low end rumble. And believe me after years in a garage or driveway warming up an Alky or Nitro car, the after hit is enough. :D

and yeah, my ears ring 24/7... trying to hold on to what I have left.:(

d'kid

I have been told nitro is the most powerful solvent in the world, it disolve's marriages and money very quickly:D

Just last yr at E Town when they were starting the Fuel cars, some kid in his "Hip Hop" baggy ass pants, with his hat on sideways etc. etc..and his girlfriend (I assume) she had 5 or 6 studs in her ear, nose, and a ring through her eyebrow...

Anyway they PUSHED their way to the front of the crowed near the Capps FC ...

Well when the car started the wind was blowing in OUR direction...a few people moved right away.. however Mr. Macho, & he main "squeeze" thought they could stick it out...

Well I stood aside and watched both of them puke their guts out, and LMAO :D That alone was worth the price of admission!

That's fantastic! He showed her what a real man he is, eh? :rolleyes: Great story - cracked me up:D

My oldest son will stand right in the middle of the yellow fog with me. The youngest does too now though we don't tell his mom. He has some asthma so she makes us take his gas mask, which he'll use for about a second or two, then it's off with the mask and a big whiff of Nitro. Says it clears him out good...lol.

Nitromethane is produced by combining nitric acid and propane at high temperature and pressure. A principal combustion byproduct of burning nitro is (surprise!) . . . nitric acid. I would consider exposing your eyes and lungs to the fumes of a very strong acid to be a health hazard.

Health Risks.

1. Loss of hearing... What?:confused:
2. Loss of sight ... Hey that burns..
3. Loss of wallet... That was cool, lets do it again.. again.. again...:)
4. Loss of family.. I'm going to miss them...:( now lets go race..

Last

5. Loss of mind.. What? :eek:

Last edited:
I will say that if your conjested a good Nitro dose will open them sinuses pretty Damn fast!:eek:

The two best ways to clear your sinuses.....some Chinese hot mustard on some sliced barbecue pork, or a nice yellow cloud from a warm-up in the pits!!!!:D:D

Nitromethane is the only good thing about breaking in newbies to drag racing. That is the first thing I do when taking a newby to the track, hit the pits and inhale some fresh, lung ripping nitromethane fumes that leaves you in tears of joy!!!

The one thing I know for sure it can convert Alum. back into Alum dust very very quickly. and make Rods exit the nice block with out asking if it was in the budget. Also removes the big blower on top of your engine with out try very hard.

VERY ADICTIVE danger never start unless you know the risks :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back