Nitrogate......The Don answers! (1 Viewer)

We just need to start an alliance of people who really know. People that really know how to successfully run a business. And more importantly, people who really care about our sport for a change. Get Bruton to buy the IHRA with people and deals in place with the likes of DSR and JFR. Bruton understands this stuff and will place people who understand both business and racing in authority. He has the connections and reputation to get the TV deals, etc. Get leaders of our sport in ownership and long term sponsors like Don or Jim in an organization similar to PRO but have the IHRA willing to listen to them. (Maybe having voting rights for decision making??) Get the Bruton tracks running IHRA A.S.A.P. When the IHRA gets the Major teams, others will follow as the TV packages, sponsorships, etc will follow. It will take time and have growing pains, but could pay off huge in the future. Then just watch the minds that know and care squeeze out those who play by 2nd grade sandbox rules.

I know it is just a dream. But sometimes you just have to dream. Like the thought of buying my new Red "DSLR Killer":D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder what NHRA would say if JFR, DSR, PMS and Kalitta announce that just one care each was going to run the IHRA series this year to get increased sponsor exposure?

I might have missed this, but does anyone know the VP/NHRA contract? Does NHRA get a % of all NHRA race sales or part of the $500-$600 increase per drum Don was talking about when he sells it to VP. Could this be what it's all about, NHRA not getting all their action on each drum sold? And the $100k fine is to keep everyone in line?

One - Jim Jannard's post is extremely signifigant for many reasons. The one I'll seize on is the idea that NHRA MAJOR SPONSORS get together and form an organization called PSO - Professional Sponsors Organization.

Crappy name, but Drag Racing needs some checks and balances in place some where. PRO is a weak suck, to steal an apt phrase from Jim Head. NHRA needs to be checked by a "union" that has some power and teeth. And think of all the karma that would result from companies like GM, maybe Ford, Castrol, NAPA. CSK, Autozone, MAC Tools Snap On, Goodyear and so on actually providing a powerful check to NHRA's arrogance!

I'm thinking of doing an internet article on the history of NHRA sponsor poaching. Think I could get enough material to make that article interesting? I know one guy that had at least four deals sabotaged by NHRA. And I don't even know any nitro racers personally! (On a fan level of course, but not on a personal basis. I do know lots of nostalgia nitro people on a personal basis, though)

Is there anything on the net thats official from NHRA on this $100,000 Schumacher fine? All I see is coverage from the journalism side and the internet message boards on fire over this issue.

-90% jimmy

Jim I am no longer crewing for a TF team because NHRA did exactly that stole his sponsor, The owner / driver decided to park it, eventually selling everything.

Holy crap there's a lot of this going on in this forum.

kissass.gif

Paul,

Nothing wrong with supporting your sponsor/team. I would be doing the same thing. However, some of the wording of people's responses has made me say, 'oh my gawd.'

You can show your support for sponsors and teams without kissing some butt.

I was sent this and asked to share it,

show support of lower fuel costs: Wear a Yellow Ribbon to the Racetrack, take some spares and offer them out for the support of Lower Nitro Costs

Attachments

• Yellow_ribbon.jpg
    Yellow_ribbon.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 25
Or let NHRA have the Sportsman Classes, and let IHRA grow the Pro Classes.
And while they're at it.......get some event's going here on the Left Coast.
Nitro burns the same here too!
That's ass backwards since NHRA doesn't have a clue how to handle or treat the Sportsman racers.

It's the IHRA that "gets it" when talking about Sportsman racers.

Do you want to send a message to the NHRA guys? Stop pulling up their web site. They take revenue from the ads. They keep track of the number of hits per day. Surely, one of the other drag racing sites will pick up the slack and supply the results.

At this point, I have to wonder if NHRA even knows how to treat the pro racers and owners as well..........

It seems like the reputation for treatment of sportsman racers is trickling upward? I'm sure it doesn't hurt the feelings of sportsman racers who have encountered the negative side of NHRA too much. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back