Nitrogate......The Don answers! (1 Viewer)

I wish he would too, but isn't there still a rule saying that you can't compete in NHRA if there's pending litigation?
Sure is, but a good attorney could get an injunction to allow Don to run his cars until such a time the court could get this mess straightened out.

Sure is, but a good attorney could get an injunction to allow Don to run his cars until such a time the court could get this mess straightened out.
I should have read a little slower the first time, I missed it when I speed-read through it. I hope Don nails their nuts to the wall, this is ridiculous, pathetic and just plain wrong on NHRA's part. :mad:

There are two outcomes on this deal:

1: NHRA drops the fine; which could mean the accusation had absolutely no merit.
2: Don pays the fine; and that some might construe as an admission of guilt.

As always, it's up to you as what to believe..............

No matter how anyone feels about this--i see a very dangerous precedent being set. What IF IF IF NHRA now rescinds the fine -does it look like if you threaten Gledora with lawsuits--or pulling your cars- you can get your way? :confused: This should work well if Bruton takes over-hes good at playing chicken!:p

I've been silent on this whole mess since it broke last Sunday. My first concern was that this may have been an ongoing disregard of the rule that had somehow been addressed prior without compliance. That would have explained the exorbitant first-time fine but it now appears the depth of the dynamics in this mess will never be completely made public. I will say this:

* Don Schumacher is great for NHRA drag racing in so many ways.
* NHRA needs Don Schumacher in the game badly.
* This should be worked out behind the scenes face to face between principal and organization and not played out on the public stage where fans, racers and, most of all, sponsors get drug through the muck.

This is nothing less than airing the dirty laundry by NHRA with their press release during the race and from all we know Don Schumacher would have gladly just complied by removing the fuel barrels until Monday's testing if requested. I hope I'm right and that there was no hard-nose response to such a request from NHRA upon their discovery.

All in all, the outcome of this could easily be an education without such a drastic penalty and, it's my opinion that NHRA would be unwise to risk the loss of such a valuable organization.

Just reading that interview, makes me more and more less interested in the NHRA.

Honestly they're acting like children (Not Don) and if you looked up idiot in the dictionary, next to it would be the NHRA and the names Light and Compton! :mad:

I don't know what the terms are of the contracts with Don's sponsors but I think he could be risking more by packing it in. If Don decides to fold up his operation his sponsors are going to get upset. Agreements were signed and money was paid. How many millions would Don have to return if he quit Drag Racing? That matter could be tied up in court for years. After reading the article, I am left with some thoughts. If Don feels that the NHRA singles out his teams and penalizes them, wouldn't that make someone certain to do everything the rules say to the letter? In other words, don't give NHRA anything else to come after you with. I have a feeling that somebody ratted Don out to NHRA about the drums. I have seen it many times before with different racing organizations I have been involved with. Somebody from another team sees something strange with a competitor and runs to tell an official about what they saw. Next thing you know, somebody is gettin' fined. If the drums were where Don says they were, there's only way they would have gotten found out about.

There's my 2 cents,

Dave

I'm still digesting the interview. But, Jim is right. I bet that 99.99% of all the full-time professional drag racing teams that enjoy corporate sponsorship would have their backs in this or any other adverse situation (like the current track prep/conditions issue).

Funny. Shoe mentioned the first two things that I thought of when I heard that they had been slapped with this ridiculous fine. The Vegas scales debacle and the Finals qualifying incident. I would ineed appear that there is some underlying animosity coming from Glendora towards DSR.

Let's see...over in IHRA-world you can run Pro Nitro, Big Jim Weinert does the BEST job prepping and cleaning the track, and the events are more fun for the teams than anything NHRA has to offer. The merchandise sales criteria are looser. Although the TV shows are tape delayed a week, they will never be bumped by Moto-X or tennis or college-whatever. This is starting to look like a taste test between Miller's Hamburgers in Dearborn, MI and your elementary school cafeteria.

Thank you, Shoe. Thank you for the teams you have built and what you've done for the sport. Not only do your sponsors support you, the rest of the drag racing community does, too.

Bobby,I think your right.It should have been dealt with behind closed doors.If you do something wrong at work for instance you don't (or should not) get an ass chewing in public.I think NHRA handled this all wrong.Just my 2 cents.

Unless I'm missing something here, from the sound of things, NHRA, once again, doesn't completely understand its' own rule book. I'm getting sick and tired of NHRA and their bullying tactics. I wish Don would take his teams and run in IHRA. I'm sure that IHRA would welcome him and his teams with open arms.

I hope it doesn't get uglier than it already has.

I would hate to see Don and his teams leave the sport.

I appreciate everyones comments and I want everyone to know I will not quit and walk away. I will do everything possible to compete at the highest level and deliver every commitment I have made to my sponsors, teams and employees. I will not desert my employees. I have always fought for what I feel is right for the sport. I will also defend my reputation with all the tools available to me.

Don Schumacher

Don,
If this turns out to not go your way, I don't think anyone will fault you for taking your toys and going and playing in a different sand box considering the long list of knocks the NHRA has hit you with. You and your teams are what helps make NHRA and drag racing so great, and i for one will come out to watch you guys no matter what sanctioning body you run under.
Thanks for what you do for the sport I love!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back