Nitro Shortage (2 Viewers)

None

Nitro Member
With all the shortages around the world I keep on hearing that nitro will be in short supply within the next month or so. Am I the only one that has heard this or is this well known and not talked about? What would happen to NHRA if this were true?

Ron Pellegrini

Without a doubt, and with all of the big talk of the "approved" supplier/distributor being such a powerful force and touchy subject within the NHRA, no doubt they and the capable and honest hands of the NHRA have the supply side of nitromethane worked out for at least the rest of the season if not WAY beyond that.
To think that anything else but perfect supply could be a possibility is absolutely insane and borderlining on a conspiracy theory.

There is something on competitionplus.com about it. I was surprised it didn't stir up more discussion. I know one thing: alcohol is up 100.00 per barrel over last year.

I know one thing: alcohol is up 100.00 per barrel over last year.
A friend at work is starting up a backyard bio-diesel "refinery" and told me that with the recent sudden increase in methanol (which is used in the process), his cost per gallon projection went up about $1.00.

After reading that, It confirms with me why I love Pro Stock Racing so much. We don't need "China" to send us fuel, it is made right here in the USA. So lets support our country and put Pro Stock as the headliners of the show and let the nitro cars that need China to go fast at the back of the pack.

Tony

Jenn,

We will work on getting you some new glass's, @ your age maybe some
bi-focals..............

:cool:

Should be interesting to see what happens if NHRA's "Official" fuel supplier runs out of Nitro! I've heard that someone else has a few barrels in stock.
Will this effect Nitrogate? This could get very interesting!

Rumors, rumors

I am not trying to "stir the pot", but I keep on getting reports that their is a nitro shortage coming. I would not be surprised to see some of the better funded teams trying to find their own supply. Anybody else hear any rumors or do I just have a good pair of ears.

Ron Pellegrini

Re: Rumors, rumors

Bob I think these guys will find the Nitro they need, question is.....How much will it cost by say Indy???

Of course if these guys would learn to get better fuel mileage, there wouldn't be any worries about a potential shortage.:D

I can't remember who was in the room; but I hope you all were here when Bobby Bennett was on Monday night chat.

Here's the latest from DRO concerning Nitro supplies...

I recall, a bit off subject, but I was 16 and I had Jacob, a 1150 lb Sire Bull when I was in high school 4H, I raised him for rodeo, seems he got loose one day (a fence issue), and I swore it wasnt mine to the farmer whose vegetable field the bull trashed.
.............................later I found him & I was quite pissed as I trailered Jacob back to the house.

Boy, that was a load of bull!

After reading that, It confirms with me why I love Pro Stock Racing so much. We don't need "China" to send us fuel, it is made right here in the USA. So lets support our country and put Pro Stock as the headliners of the show and let the nitro cars that need China to go fast at the back of the pack.

Tony

In your dreams!:rolleyes:

I recall, a bit off subject, but I was 16 and I had Jacob, a 1150 lb Sire Bull when I was in high school 4H, I raised him for rodeo, seems he got loose one day (a fence issue), and I swore it wasnt mine to the farmer whose vegetable field the bull trashed.
.............................later I found him & I was quite pissed as I trailered Jacob back to the house.

Boy, that was a load of bull!

I certainly am not saying DRO is right, Bobby has a way better track record when it comes to what is usually correct IMO.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back