Nitro Fan boy Bucket List (1 Viewer)

90-percent

Nitro Member
crew on a nitro funny car.

Thanks to Keith Davidson of Ballston Lake, NY, I served as apprentice gopher on his nostalgia Funny Car on his first time out with nitro - 85%, to be exact, last Sunday at Lebanon Valley. First time in my 55 year old life I did such a thing.

YouTube - LVD 9 06

This motor is a Rodeck aluminum BBC block with iron World Products Grumpy heads (I think it's world products?)

Keith changed the fuel system and compression for nitro and wanted to do a 330 foot squirt. Derek Lobban was the test pilot. He's got the Boggs Brothers AMX nostalgia F/C.

The short run was even shorter as Derek got into shake and shifted to second and was still shaking, so he clicked it.

The tape is mostly a very long warm up, first alcohol then switching to nitro. The run is about the last minute of the vid. WOT for not much more than a second.

The big guy in the warm up is HAMB'er Al Napier, Keith in the mask and crew guy Johnny are also in the shot. I'm in the shot for about 700 milliseconds in the vicinity of 5:30 in.

The motor was torn down and was not hurt in the least. Keith and Johnny are putting it back together for possibly another try maybe this Sunday at LVD. (Keith is working at the Geezer meet this Saturday at beautiful Maple Grove Park in Reading, PA)

The motor was torn down partially because Keith is learning, and if he didn't do that, if it got hurt they wouldn't know if it happened on the first run or second.

Enjoy!

-90% Jimmy

also posted on the HAMB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back