Nitro availability (1 Viewer)

Vince

Nitro Member
Haven't read or heard anything about this and was just wondering. Now that the summer olympics are just a distant blip on the old radar screen, have the factories in China started producing nitro again? What's it look like for next year, will it be readily available again or will they still be squeezed for supplies? With everyone scrambling for sponsorship dollars, something like this could be a big factor for some of the lower funded teams.

Nitro for the people!

Two new distributors are on the way. ;)

Nitro for everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to post something about this yesterday... Are they going to open up testing again soon?

there has always been fuel.....it's just the friggan' prices that killed everyone!

That sounds great Darr, but only if nhra will let you buy from them........
We all know how they love their "OFFICAL" this and that.

I wasn't concerned about the NHRA fuel supply.

There are a number of nitro users outside of the Big Show who have been squeezed by the "shortage" this year and overpaid for their addiction. Hopefully the new nitro suppliers with more inventory will contribute to a price reduction for all the nitro users - with a lot less games being played.

But Darr how much fun will it be without the backroom politics and strong arm tactics being used now. Sounds awful boring to me.:p

Darr, any chance you can give us more information on those two new distributors, or do they wish to remain unnamed at this point?

It's interesting, I had no idea that nitro was used in so many non racing applications. I started researching it when this shortage hit and found a bunch of medical and industrial applications for nitromethane. It appears that the amount used by the NHRA is just a small percentage of the total overall nitromethane consumption world wide.

I'm guessing it's the old supply and demand adage at work. Since the demand is so high, why should they lower their prices? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My friend, who buys nitromethane to make model airplane, boat and r/c car fuels has a lot of contacts in the industry. He mentioned that VP has had someone in China for months now, buying up every spare bit of nitro that they can get their hands on, just to keep the NHRA pipeline full. Seems like the stuff is still in short supply, or maybe they just want everyone to think that it is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back