Nice story on Dave Hough and the Nanook car at DRC (1 Viewer)

And thank you for keeping the best racecars around. You know the saying "Long Live Fuel Altereds"

Dave that was a great write up about you guys! Congrats to you and the whole team. :cool:

Rapid

Randy, thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the slow reply, but we were in Norwalk, Ohio with 4 Fuel Altereds over the weekend. For the final run of the Fuel Altereds they shot off fireworks along the track during the burnouts. An unbeleivable show.
Dave Hough

Wow, I bet that was a neat deal. How did everything go?

I spent Saturday trying to act like James Bond's Matini's ,,,Shaken, not stirred!! :rolleyes:

Sunday we figured it out, and ran two 6.45's one in each lane down at KCIR.

Congrats again and looking forward to seeing you guys this summer. :cool:

Rapid

Randy, It was a great show on a super track. It was a 2 run deal, both passes were side by side with the Estrus team Fiat ( Mike Sullivan tribute
car). Our best was a 6.33 @ 232 mph. Estrus ran a 6.22 @ 221 mph.
Dave Hough

If anything, the track may have had a little too much bite for the fuel altereds - even Frank Manzo said he never got enough clutch in it all weekend and was on the verge of shaking violently on every run. The track appeared to be excellent, no bald spots, never got extremely hot. I noticed Dave wasn't getting a lot of wheelspeed on the launch, kind of hard to get that sorted out in a couple hits.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back