Nice Puppies this girl has (1 Viewer)

Well Larry,

Since you mentioned my pug Yoda, I was just looking for a reason to post his pictures.

Now I guess this thread has turned into "Show me Your Puppies"

24445815.jpg

24445816.jpg

Last edited:
Very true statements Jackee, thanks. :)

About how old is your lab Robert?

After working in the Dolphin Habitat for six years at the Mirage I met lots of co-workers & others who only do rescues & the pound. Everyone I ever talked to had nothing but good things to say about the animals they rescued. I had the chance to meet many of the dogs they had & they were some of the best animals I've ever seen.

Going on 6 yrs old. Just had "it" to the Vet, came back with healthy as a horse report.:D

You just have to prepare the kids for the reality of life expectancy of these big dogs, and just spend every day loving them and accepting their unconditional love in return. When the day comes for them to leave you, there is some other loving creature who is waiting for you to come adopt him/her. It's the cycle of life, and unless your lifestyle becomes prohibitave of caring for an animal the best you can, the loss of a pet should not prevent you from getting another. Sure, you can avoid the heartache of the eventual loss, but you're also denying yourself years of unconditional love and acceptance which few humans are able to give.

There are so many out there just waiting for you and your family Vince. Go for it.
I've had big dogs live long lives. I personally was with my German Sheperd buddy Chief when I had to put him down at 9 yrs old because of hip dysplasia. My buddy Jack ..another Sheperd from a shelter is 11..It's all about their gene pool..when it comes to life expectancy. Jack is the coolest dog I've ever had. Walk without a leash..sits at every corner before crossing.

Here's Jack:
Jack1b.jpg

Jack is a beautiful dog! Thanks for posting his picture.

I've been with every one of my dogs that have had to be put to sleep. Each one had always been there for me for as long as I had them, and I could not imagine not being there for them when it was time for them to leave.

Sounds like Jack might have been trained as a guide dog - but those dogs are tattooed so they can be identified if they end up at a shelter.

Laila is growing up very nicely! Here is our boy Rocky, this was from Christmas day 2004, I really need to take a new picture,LOL But he hasn't changed any!

XMASSNOW4.jpg

Well Larry,

Since you mentioned my pug Yoda, I was just looking for a reason to post his pictures.

Now I guess this thread has turned into "Show me Your Puppies"

24445815.jpg

24445816.jpg

Adorable. I showed Yoda's pictures to my cousin's daughter who has a pug, and she thinks so too. How old is Yoda? I love his hat & sweater.
I think that Pugs are the most 'dressed' of any breed of dog.

Jackee,

Yoda is 10 yrs old. Still acts like a puppy when I return home from a race. But his excitement is only for a few minutes now...then he gets back on the couch and sits close to me and goes back to sleep. Gonna miss him when he is gone. Great great companion.

Roger

OK, I'll play along with the "You showed me yours-I'll show you mine" game here:
Here's Cletus (two years old) and Rocky (coming up on one year.)
dogz.jpg

The spot on the wall is where he plants his foot before hanging the fronts over the 6 ft. wall to talk to the neighbor kids while they play in the back yard.

Beautiful dogs Doc, I had a harliquen(sp?) once. I love Danes that don't have their ears cropped.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back