NHRA WEBSITE issues (1 Viewer)

perf n restore

Nitro Member
We all need to express our sincere disappointment with the website performance this past weekend. If we dont let the NHRA know that they have a serious problem, they wont fix it.

Send an email to [email protected]

"As a PAYING member, you seriously need to get new servers. Could not connect without serious delay.

I think there should be an announcement to members stating what is being done to address this situation."

LET THEM KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM

That would be a great idea, IF NHRA CARED ABOUT ANYTHING BESIDES NHRA AND MONEY.

In my opinion, it was a ploy to drive the 10's of thousands of fans to the ESPN2 show to pump up their dredfull ratings.

Last edited:
We all need to express our sincere disappointment with the website performance this past weekend. If we dont let the NHRA know that they have a serious problem, they wont fix it.

Send an email to [email protected]

"As a PAYING member, you seriously need to get new servers. Could not connect without serious delay.

I think there should be an announcement to members stating what is being done to address this situation."

LET THEM KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM

I'm NOT a paying Member anymore... I'm now, once again, the person they are trying to attract... after 5 years I let it Drop... just didn't see any value-added to being a member... Don't think they need new servers, I had no problem getting on Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday.

sometimes, I have as much trouble opening Comp-plus... but maybe that's because I'm trying to get in as Bobby is uploading new content... 6am lmao

d'kid

Same here this morning, Par. What a freakin' joke. It is either hit or miss. Last night, everything loaded rather quickly. Now it's back to "runtime error".

Mitch

Now it's:

Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

IIRC, this is a Microsoft IIS error issue, making NHRA.com one of about 2% of major websites using Microsoft software while the vast majority sites use Linux/Apache. Wonder why that choice was made?

IIRC, this is a Microsoft IIS error issue, making NHRA.com one of about 2% of major websites using Microsoft software while the vast majority sites use Linux/Apache. Wonder why that choice was made?
Huh? Where did you get those stats?

Windows is +70% while Linux is +20% of the server market. My profession is web development and I can't count the number of web sites I have converted to .NET Framework which requires a Windows server.

Btw, most "server issues" are admin and/or programming issues, once the server is properly setup and running, it is very rare for it to fail.

Huh? Where did you get those stats?

Windows is +70% while Linux is +20% of the server market. My profession is web development and I can't count the number of web sites I have converted to .NET Framework which requires a Windows server.

Btw, most "server issues" are admin and/or programming issues, once the server is properly setup and running, it is very rare for it to fail.

Exaggeration for effect, I apologize. But I can't find server market share statistics that show IIS anywhere even near 25%, and it's declining. Here's the million busiest sites on the net:

Server-Share.jpg

You'd think after 12 years they'd have this sorted out by now. :rolleyes: I remember their site crashing frequently way back in '99 when I got my first PC and high-speed internet.

I hate to see companies (or similar organizations) do "dumb stuff" (especially ones I like).

You'd think any outfit (that gave a flying fig about their "customer") would monitor a site like Nitromater a post a "Mea Culpa" with a brief explanation as-soon-as-possible after a SNAFU like this.

Somebody in Admin Management needs to pay attention.:rolleyes:

Maybe I missed it but, I didn't see any explanation on their OWN site either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back