NHRA.TV Failed Sound..Again (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Friday's broadcast from Pomona had good sound and I thought, finally, they got it right, good crisp sound on the burnouts, launch and the whole run.

Now today, all you can hear is the announcer and the cars going thru the traps. You cannot even hear the pro stock burn outs, kinda like that electric Mustang.
These folks can take a lesson from Flo Racing on how to handle the audio, watched USAC Sprints from Tri State and the sound was great, went back to Pomona for the final session, pathetic sound, I will not renew this deal when up. A vacuum cleaner sounds better.

TopFuel@Lions

I watched the FS1 broadcast today of last night’s qualifying. As far as the audio, it was pitiful.
Whoever is in charge of the background music must be more deaf than I am. It was playing louder than Brian Lohnes’ voice, and that’s saying something.
I ended up muting the sound until the cars were staging.

NHRA audio issue is one of my favorite topics here. So important, so easy to fix. I do not blame the announcers I blame the clueless producer and NHRA for lack of vision, a great TV production would take the sport into the stratosphere,what other sport can possibly offer the sensory overload that we have! You want killer ratings NHRA? Show the REAL sport, not a blab fest!
As always would love to hear Alan chime in on this very important topic, that will most definitely steer the future of NHRA and where we are going in broadcasting

Is the discussion about NHRATV or the FOX broadcast. I watched the NHRATV today and had very few problems . FOX needs to dump Tony and pickup Alan. I find his announcing outstanding.

Still c
Is the discussion about NHRATV or the FOX broadcast. I watched the NHRATV today and had very few problems . FOX needs to dump Tony and pickup Alan. I find his announcing outstanding.
More like dump lohnes. He cant keep quiet during a race... its not the horse races

We are to the point where we have the volume turned down so low for the entire broadcast, we can barely hear anything. We can't hear the cars anyway, so might as well keep the volume down. I don't understand why you can hear Joe Costello outside your house, but as soon as the interviewee starts talking, you can't hear them at all. We now keep the volume down so low, we can barely hear Alan and Costello.

Seems to me Friday and Saturday have little volume by design while on Sunday maybe, just maybe they might turn up the audio. I thought Sunday at Sonoma to be quite good, less Alan during the runs and more race volume but Pomona was very sub standard, even by NHRA standards. Maybe NHRA are just cheap or inefficient or scarily, preparing us for electric racing by stealth.

Didn't watch the entire weekend, but watched q3 and all day today and the sound seemed pretty good to me. I think you can only do so much, and this race was at or pretty darn near that level imo.

Seems like they may have got the message. Maybe Alan had some say in it. Either way, huge improvement in sound/car volume/quality and it is much appreciated. Let's keep it going!

Agreed I said to my wife they are getting it. And let's give credit the streams dont pixelate and hang up like in past seasons. That and the Plex channel are good things! Now where's the new video game!!😃😃

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back