NHRA to sell Atlanta Dragway (2 Viewers)

Just opinion obviously, Atlanta Dragway is not a dump. It’s a well kept racing facility. It has all the amenities needed to put on a drag race. It is not Charlotte nor is it a Taj Mahal venue. It’s very simple and out of date according to other places. But, I don’t need a toilet with a golden handle. When I was there I was there for drag racing. Some of these exotic places that were built have been sold or soon to be bulldozed. Of course, I’m the guy that doesn’t need WiFi when I go to a football game and a waitress bringing me $12 nachos. My main concern is the View from my seat and the Action on the track. And as you can probably tell, I’ve had some wonderful memories at errrrrr.... Commerce Dragway. Take care brothers and sisters.

That's just the thing, from what I was told. The places that have been built along that RT53 corridor have not lived up to the promises of jobs and more importantly higher wage jobs. From what I was told, it's a bit of a sore spot with the City of Joliet.

One interesting thing I've read a couple times is Roger Penske mentioning Chicagoland as a place they could add an oval race to the schedule.
Imagine Roger Penske as the owner of Rt 66 and Chicagoland...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back