NHRA to Restart in August Now (1 Viewer)

I wonder how that is going to work for tracks like Gainseville where you pretty much have to walk through a big section of pit area just to get to the stands? If the NHRA denies pit access there's going to be a lot of fans that will just say "screw it" and go next year. I know I would be one of them.
barricades and police tape. the stuff works pretty good.......and virus cops. it's the new norm. :rolleyes:

Not having pit access would really be a negative for me. For me, walking through the pits and talking to drivers I know and watching work on the cars is a significant part of my "race experience." I will still go to a bunch of the races this year if there is no pit access but if that became the new normal I would cut back on the races I go to next year. For one season I can deal with it. On the other hand, if they allow pit access. how to do you distancing around the Force pit areas where there is usually a mob.

When are they going to confirm Lucas Oil Sportsman events. I thought it was right after they confirmed the Mellow Yellow events.

The new 16 race in 16 week, 2 day event schedule is not on NHRA.com. The only changes that are reflected on NHRA.com are to plug Houston and Gainesville into the makeup dates they had blocked and to show all races before Seattle as postponed.

OK - Here is what the NHRA Schedule says right now: Seattle 7/31-8/2 - 3 days
Brainard 8/13 (Thursday) - 8/16 - 4 days
Topeka 8/21 - 8/23 3 days
Indy 9/3 (Thursday) 9/3 - 9/7 4 days
Z Max 9/18 - 9/20 3 days (4 wide)
Gainsville 9/25-9/27 3days
Gateway 10/2 - 10/4 3 days
Dallas 10/15 (Thursday) - 10-18 4 days
Houston 10/23 - 10/25 3 days
Las Vegas 10/29 - 11/1 3 days (FINAL)
No mention if the 4 days are for Thursday Sportsman only or just tech in.
That is 10 races only - plus what has already been run with 3 off weeks
It appears that those are the days spectators are to be there. No idea when the racers park or tech!

If this is the official Schedule it does not mention any kind of Play off. It is also the first time that I know of since Onterio that the finals have not been at Pomona. This lends it's self to having the banquet the next day or so to be in Las Vegas. The SEMA Show starts 10/3 in Vegas also.

Last edited:
Roger,

Where are you seeing that? I can't find it, and I haven't heard this from anyone "Official". I know there are a few options being discussed, but to my knowledge (and I could certainly be wrong) nothing official has been released.

Also, unless something changed "Two Day" event means the Pros run two days, Friday will still be sportsman qualifying and time trials.

Alan

Roger,

Where are you seeing that? I can't find it, and I haven't heard this from anyone "Official". I know there are a few options being discussed, but to my knowledge (and I could certainly be wrong) nothing official has been released.

Also, unless something changed "Two Day" event means the Pros run two days, Friday will still be sportsman qualifying and time trials.

Alan

Go to the Schedule Button on NHRA. I copied it off the printed Schedule. You would know more than me about what days the pros would run. I posted the day count as printed.
*Event info: As always, fans will have the opportunity to interact with their favorite drivers, as Every Ticket's a Pit Pass® at the most powerful and sensory-filled motorsports attraction on the planet! Get direct access to the teams, see firsthand as the highly-skilled mechanics service their hot rods between rounds, and get autographs from your favorite NHRA drivers.

Last edited:
Go to the Schedule Button on NHRA. I copied it off the printed Schedule. You would know more than me about what days the pros would run. I posted the day count as printed.
I think that is the original amended schedule. It has not been updated to reflect current plans.

So - I took off both shoes and my socks - then counted Sundays From Aug 2 to Nov 1 and then Nov 1 back to August 2. I can't get 16 races no matter how hard I try. As has been stated these teams will have to have time to reload. It seems reasonable that there is not that much lead time left to get this stuff in place much less changes.

So - I took off both shoes and my socks - then counted Sundays From Aug 2 to Nov 1 and then Nov 1 back to August 2. I can't get 16 races no matter how hard I try. As has been stated these teams will have to have time to reload. It seems reasonable that there is not that much lead time left to get this stuff in place much less changes.
Actually the Finals are the weekend of November 13 at Pomona. On the NHRA.com schedule you didn't scroll down far enough. The 16 races in 16 weeks works on the calendar but is not official as Alan pointed out. How close to reality it might be is anyone's guess.

Chicago's NASCAR race was canceled. They are giving those of us who had tickets 120% to use at another race this year or next year. I already have my NHRA tickets, hope things improve by the end of August, but after listening to the governor, I don't think they will allow it to happen until there's a vaccine or a therapy to treat COVID.
1588985800175.png

*Event info: As always, fans will have the opportunity to interact with their favorite drivers, as Every Ticket's a Pit Pass® at the most powerful and sensory-filled motorsports attraction on the planet! Get direct access to the teams, see firsthand as the highly-skilled mechanics service their hot rods between rounds, and get autographs from your favorite NHRA drivers.

Thanks, but I don't believe that is accurate. As Chris points out I'm pretty sure that Denver is going to be on the schedule.

Alan

In the interview Glen Cromwell had Monday he stated that the latest schedule the teams received is NOT an official schedule. He said his hope is to release the schedule in the upcoming weeks. So everyone can speculate all they want and refer to this schedule and that schedule but there has not been a OFFICIAL SCHEDULE released by NHRA as of today.

The only confirmed full racing schedule that I have seen in any series is the World of Outlaws sprint cars which started their season last night in Knoxville Iowa without fans. Then next Sun NASCAR starts their schedule in Darlington SC with no practice or qualifying. Just draw for positions and race without fans.

The new 16 race in 16 week, 2 day event schedule is not on NHRA.com. The only changes that are reflected on NHRA.com are to plug Houston and Gainesville into the makeup dates they had blocked and to show all races before Seattle as postponed.

I never said it was. The schedule got confirmed that it was 12 races in 16 weeks. I never found any update on 2-day events and that is based on what Paul wrote, but Alan says it does not exist, so that's why. As far as 16 races in 16 weeks was IMHO with what could POSSIBLY happen if all events go well going into a break weekend. MAYBE they would run one of the (postponed, not cancelled) races listed on the current schedule. Don't put words in my mouth. Cancelled and postponed means two different things, and it certainly seems like the NHRA is flirting with the "possibility" of my opinion about anything more than 12 races in the final 16 weeks is; purely my opinion.

I never said it was. The schedule got confirmed that it was 12 races in 16 weeks. I never found any update on 2-day events and that is based on what Paul wrote, but Alan says it does not exist, so that's why. As far as 16 races in 16 weeks was IMHO with what could POSSIBLY happen if all events go well going into a break weekend. MAYBE they would run one of the (postponed, not cancelled) races listed on the current schedule. Don't put words in my mouth. Cancelled and postponed means two different things, and it certainly seems like the NHRA is flirting with the "possibility" of my opinion about anything more than 12 races in the final 16 weeks is; purely my opinion.
I misinterpreted your post #84. My mistake.

Hey folks NHRA "HAS NOT" put out a schedule yet. On monday Glen Cromwell said there are many issues that have to be resolved before a final schedule can be put out. They hope to put out the schedule in the upcoming weeks, nothing has been finalized yet. All schedules everyone is looking at are just speculation or are old and outdated.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back