NHRA The Gift-Horse (1 Viewer)

So if I was Tommy Johnson and I wanted to go Pro Stock racing and my Pro Stock engine wouldn't be ready in time, I could use the funny car engine until my motor was ready? You would be OK with that?
You aren't being even close to logical, or close to discussing the issue at hand. Now, if you had said "What if a driver wanted to use Camaro fenders on a Mustang body in PS", or "using a Chevy in a Ford bodied PS", you might have a point.

But you don't have a point.

At all.

I remember seeing this model Buick at the local dealership. Had a neighbor who actually took his kids to school in one.

WHYWEUSEKEVLAR.jpg

This was the start of the Non-Stock appearing FC bodies, NHRA allowed KB free reign an FC Aero testing, forever changing the way Bodies looked like!

i hate to say it but with Nitro Funny Car racing in it's current state of losing teams and possibly having short fields throughout the season do you really think NHRA would tell JFR NO!? Neither NHRA or JFR have a choice right now.... I do think it's a bunch of crap, but oh well.. the sun will still come up tomorrow and NHRA will have plenty of JFR drama to talk about during the first several tv shows instead of talking racing...

NHRA allows Force to use a Mustang body and call it a Camaro! NHRA says the Mustang nose, side cove and side window have been tweaked so they have blessed it and called it legal. It is now a Camaro. They say the original Mustang carbon shell is under the changes (for strength). It will be interesting to see how this shakes out with the press, fans, Chevrolet, yada yada yada...

Too expensive to change a perfectly good body. REPURPOSE!!

Maybe you can highlight/quote which rule they bent......I'm curious.

Don't have a current rulebook available but can't imagine it's changed too much in past couple of seasons. from Sec 7.7 Body:
Any new body designs, plans, pictures, specifications, or concepts
must be submitted to the NHRA Technical department on or prior to
Nov. 15 of the preceding year. All new body designs or concepts
must receive final approval from NHRA on or prior to Dec. 15 of the
preceding year or shall be deemed disapproved. Body
specifications may vary for certain exhibition vehicles; prior NHRA
approval necessary.
FWIW I understand the situation and logistics involved, particulalrly with the Camaro due for a redesign next model year. I see it at is somewhat unfair, but necessay for the overall good of the sport. As a fan I'll be temptetd to dog it a bit.
:cool:
P.S. Not saying they didn't meet this requirement, but it would seem they could have come up with something besides a rework of the current body if they had the design complete by mid Nov.

Last edited:
Can I get a back story on this? Too much downforce?

1987, the debut of the Batmobile. After some short squirts, it was time.

Armstrong said "Ok Kenny, this run take it to the lights and we'll see what it does"

And that's what it did. :D

Kidding aside, it all caved in and had to be braced up quite a bit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back