nhra reaction to crisis (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Just checked the NHRA home page and saw article after article about European champs joining the tour, Hartley running all 24, Baca is back, Hagan to run more races, man I guess I was wrong about there being a shortage of cars---nothing at all on the website about teams that are losing/lost sponsors, parking cars, etc. Just one little blurb on the Kalitta "restructuring". Sure seems to be a different picture of the situation on that web site than out in the real world...go figure.

Hey.........If it is not on NHRA.com, it cannot be official!! :D

*****This is exactly how rumors get started :rolleyes:

Just checked the NHRA home page and saw article after article about European champs joining the tour, Hartley running all 24, Baca is back, Hagan to run more races, man I guess I was wrong about there being a shortage of cars---nothing at all on the website about teams that are losing/lost sponsors, parking cars, etc. Just one little blurb on the Kalitta "restructuring". Sure seems to be a different picture of the situation on that web site than out in the real world...go figure.

I don't think they ever mentioned Hot Rod or Melanie being parked.

Let's see....the world is in financial crisis; race car teams in every type of racing are dropping like flies; sponsors are bailing by the second and NHRA's answer is to raise prices to the pro racers and sponsors at the races. Ok... makes perfect sense to me.....NOT!

God forbid they should have to take a pay cut to help the cause. And lower ticket prices to put more butts in the seat....wouldn't want to do that. Eliminate one qualifying run to save racers money....won't to do that. Lower the admission price to door cars so more will come to National Events.....heaven forbid. Get together with the racers to see what can be done to insure full fields....that's just not done.

They can't even be bothered to put out any press releases even acknowledging there is a problem. Talk about having your head stuck in the sand. Too unbelivable to express. A fine mess the NHRA suits have created, all in the name of putting cash in their pockets.

The selfish bas***ds that run NHRA will get just what they deserve.

Everything I've read lately indicates that NHRA does not think that there is a problem that marketing won't cure.

Guess what Tom, Real fans DO NOT goes to the track to watch cars blow up.
Yet for years in TV spots, The NHRA, Dedicated To Safety, has used crash and burn as Promo footage... and the 'Unenlightened' doesn't know from looking a 'PRO Stock, from a Flopper, from a SS/AH, from a NASCAR Cup car'. surprising how many times over the last ten years people have come into my office, seen my screen saver and says Oh, I watch NASCAR Too. When I enlighten them, 9 times out of 10 I get 'oh, the straight line cars, it's over too quick... boring...' And Yes, I've taken a few to the track over the years, Reaction has been basically 'how do you sit here for hours watching this?'
Yeah, The same people that go to Richmond to watch a Stock Car race, or watch LMS cars at the local bull ring...

Sell the sport short today, to make it 'The Hot Lick Fad', it will help the gate for a year, provided there are Race Cars there, provided that Johnny come lately doesn't loose interest after a season, because they've moved on to 'The Next BIG Thing'...

I think it's time to realize, you can market the hell out of something, but if it doesn't fit the Customer's needs, you really don't have a thing to sell him. It's time to sit and decide what Market you are chasing after... you've chased away the sponsors for the youth market, The whole concept of 'the Official this or that of the NHRA' from motels, to car rental, energy drink, airline? hate to break it to you Tom, my whole yearly membership package read like junk mail in my mail box, or spam in my e-mail... I'd didn't see a single 'deal' that our corporate package at work doesn't beat...

Maybe, it's just time to spend some time in the "real" world, with a total family income of 50 K a year or less, and you'll see what your market really is. I think That's where the NHRA is missing the boat... the future of the sport is kids making 500 a week take home, and getting rent, food, car payment, insurance, and hopefully cable TV so they can even see a race on the tube... I will tell you, my average race weekend runs me about $500, not counting ticket, and that driving to a track within an hour and a half of home... if I had to pay for a hotel, car rental, and airfare, I could not afford to go to a National Event...

d'kid

Everything I've read lately indicates that NHRA does not think that there is a problem that marketing won't cure.

Guess what Tom, Real fans DO NOT goes to the track to watch cars blow up.
Yet for years in TV spots, The NHRA, Dedicated To Safety, has used crash and burn as Promo footage... and the 'Unenlightened' doesn't know from looking a 'PRO Stock, from a Flopper, from a SS/AH, from a NASCAR Cup car'. surprising how many times over the last ten years people have come into my office, seen my screen saver and says Oh, I watch NASCAR Too. When I enlighten them, 9 times out of 10 I get 'oh, the straight line cars, it's over too quick... boring...' And Yes, I've taken a few to the track over the years, Reaction has been basically 'how do you sit here for hours watching this?'
Yeah, The same people that go to Richmond to watch a Stock Car race, or watch LMS cars at the local bull ring...

Sell the sport short today, to make it 'The Hot Lick Fad', it will help the gate for a year, provided there are Race Cars there, provided that Johnny come lately doesn't loose interest after a season, because they've moved on to 'The Next BIG Thing'...

I think it's time to realize, you can market the hell out of something, but if it doesn't fit the Customer's needs, you really don't have a thing to sell him. It's time to sit and decide what Market you are chasing after... you've chased away the sponsors for the youth market, The whole concept of 'the Official this or that of the NHRA' from motels, to car rental, energy drink, airline? hate to break it to you Tom, my whole yearly membership package read like junk mail in my mail box, or spam in my e-mail... I'd didn't see a single 'deal' that our corporate package at work doesn't beat...

Maybe, it's just time to spend some time in the "real" world, with a total family income of 50 K a year or less, and you'll see what your market really is. I think That's where the NHRA is missing the boat... the future of the sport is kids making 500 a week take home, and getting rent, food, car payment, insurance, and hopefully cable TV so they can even see a race on the tube... I will tell you, my average race weekend runs me about $500, not counting ticket, and that driving to a track within an hour and a half of home... if I had to pay for a hotel, car rental, and airfare, I could not afford to go to a National Event...

d'kid

Good one Karl...

I raise a glass of the good stuff to you for that one. Right on target observations, especially about what the annual salarys SHOULD be..

The NHRA reminds me of a story I once heard about a monkey and a football...with one exception. The monkey put some effort into it. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back