NHRA Hires a new $uit (1 Viewer)

Well I've just been informed by the lovely lady that i have to make some money tomorrow so i better bail out. Looking forward to some good racing this weekend,:D

Glen is the best guy for the position. Think about it, its tough for NHRA to find a qualified candidate for that position. There are alot of sharp engineers out there.
Most of them wouldn't have any idea that drag racing existed in 1959 and really does that matter in 2008. Glen's background is pretty impressive. He is the first person working for NHRA that can bring experience from other racing venues use of safety to drag racing. He has been in the drag racing pits for a couple of years now working with the Delphi ADR. He worked his ass off then and I am sure he will do the same for NHRA. All you nay-sayers..keep you pants on. You probably aren't going to see something tomorrow that Glen brings to NHRA, yet I am damn sure he will be an attribute to drag racing.

Glen is the best guy for the position. Think about it, its tough for NHRA to find a qualified candidate for that position. There are alot of sharp engineers out there.
Most of them wouldn't have any idea that drag racing existed in 1959 and really does that matter in 2008. Glen's background is pretty impressive. He is the first person working for NHRA that can bring experience from other racing venues use of safety to drag racing. He has been in the drag racing pits for a couple of years now working with the Delphi ADR. He worked his ass off then and I am sure he will do the same for NHRA. All you nay-sayers..keep you pants on. You probably aren't going to see something tomorrow that Glen brings to NHRA, yet I am damn sure he will be an attribute to drag racing.

OH, now I get it, you mean like Don Taylor? :D

Most of them wouldn't have any idea that drag racing existed in 1959 and really does that matter in 2008. Glen's background is pretty impressive.

Toby,

That wasn't a shot at the guy. I don't know his expertise or what NHRA's plans are for him. :)

The point was, if someone is going to help NHRA in the future and fix the things that seem to be wrong over there now, they need to have an idea of what has happened in the past on the long road to where it is now.

In my opinion only,,,,by not knowing anything about drag racing or what it is really about,,,,,is how we got to where we are now. Like I said, just my opinion.

Rapid

Only thing that's gonna fix NHRA is to get more benevolent and less self serving execs.

The top of the pyramid fat cats are literally in a position to chose between doing what's best for Drag Racing or what's best for feathering their extravagent corporate nests.

Greed is good.

Yeah, right!

-90% Jimmy

Re: NHRA Hires a new Engineer.......

I see he has an extensive back ground in electronic controls and systems, along with crash sled testing. That's no small potatos. This guy will probably be of help in getting the cars into the 21st Century electronics wise. From my own experience in the engineering field (35+ years) leading that many engineers at once is like herding cats.

He sounds like a good pick for the job to me.

I wish him the best.

i just wanna know one thing.....can he name at least one person who races in each of the professional classes??? i am not trying to be crude or a d!ck or anything but IMO you can't put someone in charge of making decisions for a sport they have no knowledge of
AMEN, Mikey!!

Like the any number of hires that have gone on over the last 10 years... starting at the top.

I can't help but wonder that if he was a big gearhead or drag racing fan that the announcement might have made mention of it somewhere in the text!?!?

Last edited:
Sometimes reading threads on this website is like listening to a conversation between a half dozen 80 years olds in a donut shop.

Mark

Sometimes reading threads on this website is like listening to a conversation between a half dozen 80 years olds in a donut shop.

Mark

Hahaha yea it is. does it really matter if one us likes him or not? Does it matter if WE think he is cut out for the job?

Absolutely not.

He has been hired and the internet communties opinion was not asked.

Let it be and see if anything comes from it. Nothing else you can do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back