NHRA Hires a new $uit (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
Oh boy another big$$$$$$$$$ guy that is going to show the racers how to do it.

After a national search, NHRA has hired Glen Gray

Go to NHRA.com for the whole story.

i just wanna know one thing.....can he name at least one person who races in each of the professional classes??? i am not trying to be crude or a d!ck or anything but IMO you can't put someone in charge of making decisions for a sport they have no knowledge of

i just wanna know one thing.....can he name at least one person who races in each of the professional classes??? i am not trying to be crude or a d!ck or anything but IMO you can't put someone in charge of making decisions for a sport they have no knowledge of

I wasn't going to say it..but..Don't they have that now? lol

typing my opinion on the current leadership of NHRA would violate several of the forum rules :eek:

I just read the guy's credentials in the article at NHRA.com. He has a very strong engineering background that will crossover to making cars safer. Read the article before you pass judgement on him.

I just read the guy's credentials in the article at NHRA.com. He has a very strong engineering background that will crossover to making cars safer. Read the article before you pass judgement on him.

I don't know him or his background.. however I DO KNOW engineers who don't know a wrist pin from a valve spring...

Just because he is an engineer does not mean he understands "Drag Racing"

For the Racers sake I HOPE he IS a gear-head.. it might help all the racers... "IF" the "Suits" let him!!

i did read the article before i said anything (i am not that ignorant) and i did not pass any judgment on him.....i wanna know if he is familiar with the sport....ESPECIALLY if he is going to be making decisions on safety....why is that a bad thing

i did read the article before i said anything (i am not that ignorant) and i did not pass any judgment on him.....i wanna know if he is familiar with the sport....ESPECIALLY if he is going to be making decisions on safety....why is that a bad thing

I'm kinda on the fence, Mike.

Even though the article says, "Most recently, he has played an instrumental role in the crash sensors mandated in all Top Fuel, Funny Car, and Pro Stock classes in 2008.", I guess it's all in how you interpret it. I can see it meaning he had something to do with sensors that ended up in drag racing, or he had something to do with sensors designed specifically for drag racing. There's a big difference between those two scenarios when you're trying to determine the guy's past exposure to the sport.

Either way, I'll give the guy a shot.

Sean D

Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can look outside the box and see things that others so familiar with everything haven't seen.

Give him time before you slam him.

I'm kinda on the fence, Mike.

Even though the article says, "Most recently, he has played an instrumental role in the crash sensors mandated in all Top Fuel, Funny Car, and Pro Stock classes in 2008.", I guess it's all in how you interpret it. I can see it meaning he had something to do with sensors that ended up in drag racing, or he had something to do with sensors designed specifically for drag racing. There's a big difference between those two scenarios when you're trying to determine the guy's past exposure to the sport.

Either way, I'll give the guy a shot.

Sean D

i totally agree Sean i am just curious for me......this guy could be the best thing since the billet block and there is only one way to find out

MM,

Start the interview off with "Who won the 1959 March Meet?" If they get that one wrong then the rest of the interview is for practice only anyway. ;)

Rapid

I tend to think that the best thing to do is take a wait and see attitude and give the guy a chance. After all, the open wheel folks had racing guys at the top and still managed to screw it up for over a decade.

I think Glen Gray fits the mold for this position, he shows he sticks to the job at hand *25 Yrs at Delphi*that is a hard job to keep for that long period of time. There has been talk of a fall guy for Graham L., I hope not, but you wonder!!!, how many Bucko's did it take to get Glen Gray to leave Delphi, I'm sure he had a sweet deal there, then again maybe the gold at the end of the rainbow landed at Glendora?:eek:

how many Bucko's did it take to get Glen Gray to leave Delphi, I'm sure he had a sweet deal there, then again maybe the gold at the end of the rainbow landed at Glendora?:eek:

Hmmm... Delphi is in bankruptcy, the stock is selling at $0.08 a share (down 90+% in the last year), the CEO is hinting he may clean house again (or scoot for another job), when it got spun out from GM they lost all kinds of retirement benefits... not much room for "sweet deals".

My guess is that Gray was there for 25 years, and is seeing the writing on the walls. The best we can hope for is that he's always loved drag racing and the reason he applied for the job is that he saw it on the NHRA website or on his weekly National Dragster, and thought "this is my dream job". ;)

Hmmm... Delphi is in bankruptcy, the stock is selling at $0.08 a share (down 90+% in the last year), the CEO is hinting he may clean house again (or scoot for another job), when it got spun out from GM they lost all kinds of retirement benefits... not much room for "sweet deals".

My guess is that Gray was there for 25 years, and is seeing the writing on the walls. The best we can hope for is that he's always loved drag racing and the reason he applied for the job is that he saw it on the NHRA website or on his weekly National Dragster, and thought "this is my dream job". ;)

Chris, hope your right and he did find the gold. Thanks for info on Delphi.

It's only 10:45 here... and I'm really impatient for the racing to start. I was on the audiocast page this afternoon going "why the heck isn't it working!!!". Until I realized it was Thursday :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back