NHRA Headquarters (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
Did I miss something? I thought NHRA was moving the headquarters to Indy, instead they are just
moving from Glendora, down the street to San Dimas. So they must of sold the old building. Did they
buy in San Dimas or just renting? Here is there new address
I know this has bin ask before. What about Camping World Marcus Lemonis. Has NHRA, Fox or any of
the great freelance writers done a interview with Marcus and ask him his thoughts on coming onboard
with the NHRA (was it the Gator's back in Sept 2020) or is it a secret?

Jim, all the so called experts on the internet said they were moving to Indy;). They bought the Glendora building in 1986 so I'm sure they made very good money on the sale and are now renting in San Dimas.

Did I miss something? I thought NHRA was moving the headquarters to Indy, instead they are just
moving from Glendora, down the street to San Dimas. So they must of sold the old building. Did they
buy in San Dimas or just renting? Here is there new address
I know this has bin ask before. What about Camping World Marcus Lemonis. Has NHRA, Fox or any of
the great freelance writers done a interview with Marcus and ask him his thoughts on coming onboard
with the NHRA (was it the Gator's back in Sept 2020) or is it a secret?
there was some discussion of NHRA leasing back some of the space in Glendora if it was sold. Either that didn't happen or they decided to move somewhere else. I don't believe they intended to move everything to Indy. They just found themselves with more space than needed in Glendora and needed an infusion of cash

there was some discussion of NHRA leasing back some of the space in Glendora if it was sold. Either that didn't happen or they decided to move somewhere else. I don't believe they intended to move everything to Indy. They just found themselves with more space than needed in Glendora and needed an infusion of cash
The bigger problem here is "When you rob Peter to pay Paul" you are on a slippery slope and selling real assets lowers your net worth. Unless it is already sold the days of paying above asking price in the greater L.A. area for commercial property are basically over. Businesses do not downsize because they are doing great and it is almost for certain "Automation" has not taken over with this Crew of Geniuses leaving them with all that extra floorspace. By the way Glendora and San Dimas are about maybe 4 1/2 miles apart and San Dimas is about 4 1/2 miles closer to the Fairplex (Drag Strip). It doesn't look like they are getting away from the Strip anytime soon. Another way to look at it might be that renting or leasing probably could be expensed better for a "Non Profit" or "Not for Profit" whatever it is tax wise and Bracket Field is right there for both the Offices and the Track. It's small but still can be used.

Roger, little confused, what does the location of the NHRA offices have to do with running Pomona? They only use the track twice a year.

Roger, little confused, what does the location of the NHRA offices have to do with running Pomona?
Just because they are only running two races a year right now dosen't mean they only go on the property for those two events.

Yea, it pretty much does however for 30 years they were in Glendora and it didnt make a bit difference so I'm pretty moving to San Dimas had nothing to do with the location of the track.

Yea, it pretty much does however for 30 years they were in Glendora and it didnt make a bit difference so I'm pretty moving to San Dimas had nothing to do with the location of the track.
You are very possibly right but the location certinly did not deter from their decision and it maybe could be an advantage. I was just thinking of scenarios that could (not would) be reasons for the move there. It is also possible that once NHRA figures out the Tax and Legal (as well as monitary) advantages vs disadvantages of being headquartered in Indy vs Ca they may still move there. Since they appearently didn't buy they are in a position to stay or go if they want to. Drag Racing is always going to be overshadowed by Indy Cars and Short Track racing in Illinois Indiana which puts NHRA down lower in the pecking order of associations there for what it's worth.

Last edited:
You are very possibly right but the location certinly did not deter from their decision and it maybe could be an advantage. I was just thinking of scenarios that could (not would) be reasons for the move there. It is also possible that once NHRA figures out the Tax and Legal (as well as monitary) advantages vs disadvantages of being headquartered in Indy vs Ca they may still move there. Since they appearently didn't buy they are in a position to stay or go if they want to. Drag Racing is always going to be overshadowed by Indy Cars and Short Track racing in Illinois which puts NHRA down lower in the pecking order of associations there for what it's worth.

You think Indy is in Illinois? That explains a lot.

Alan

Could it be they stayed close because most of the employees and/or management working out the Glendora headquarters live near Glendora which is minutes from San Dimas? Regarding the supposed need to be near Fairplex at Pomona...they have two races in Vegas as well but they don't need to move there.

This has San Dimas address
Oh Cliff, I posted this link and another one when I started this thread. You are going to get the reposting cop upset
with you (we know who that is...LOL) and having a Senior moment is no excuse!

is nhra splitting their offices now? between new san dimas location and office at north end of indy property?
nat. dragster stuff all on west coast still?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back