NHRA broadcast seemed to leave out something from E2 (Millican/Palmer) (1 Viewer)

Yep fox will show when drivers have drama with each other,but when drivers,crews have drama with nhra,oh no we cant show that lol

I remember watching it on All Access and thinking "Do they not know that the shutdown area is still not cleared yet?" I didn't watch the FS1 broadcast but it appears they didn't want to make it look like the crew didn't know what they were doing.

I remember watching it on All Access and thinking "Do they not know that the shutdown area is still not cleared yet?" I didn't watch the FS1 broadcast but it appears they didn't want to make it look like NHRA didn't know what they were doing.

fixed it for you

It's easy to make these calls watching a broadcast, not so easy to make them on the track. The Safety Safari would make calls all the time where they are just clearing cars off as the next pair are coming towards the staging beams, this one just didn't quite work out.
Does it suck for the teams? Yep, but that's racing and it can and does happen. There's no need to make everyone involved look foolish - they made the call with the information they had at the time. I think the track crew are one of the most admirably efficient parts of the NHRA.

This begs the question; who tells the crews it’s time to fire the engines?

This begs the question; who tells the crews it’s time to fire the engines?

Top end gives a call on the radio to the starting line, starting line tells the crews when to fire them up.

In this case, the top end crew thought they would be able to get Doug's car in "neutral" and get him cleared without issue, so they issued the call to the starting line to fire them up. Unfortunately, Doug's car did not co-operate. I am sure NO ONE on the property felt worse than the Safety Safari guys and gals, they are the best in the biz.

Also, what was the deal with Doug's car? I thought the fuel cars were supposed to have a way for the people outside the car to get them in "neutral" when they are locked up?

if this lock up problem exists and there is not a mechanical way to quickly put car in neutral, the safari should have a device to quickly jack the rear end so car
can be pushed off track.......think jack stands used in F1, but just make it so the unit contacts the frame rails. a quick leverage up, and the car is moving.
you see a smaller version of this in the pits used to swing TF cars around (used on front end)

The cars do have a feature so people outside the car can get it into neutral. However, the puke tank typically is in the way and has to be loosened up first. The driver can also do it if the air lines haven't been melted off.

The cars do have a feature so people outside the car can get it into neutral. However, the puke tank typically is in the way and has to be loosened up first. The driver can also do it if the air lines haven't been melted off.

So in conclusion, the system does not work.

well if you have to remove the tank to make it work it is hardly useable at the top end to get a car off the track. Now if it was pull to release and failed yes some things do fail.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back