NHRA better get moving! (1 Viewer)

mgty3whlr

Nitro Member
Saw that Camping World is done at the end of 2024. NHRA has more than enough notice to get their rear in gear to find another primary sponsor. I wonder what direction they are going to start hunting in? Automotive, Drinks, or an every day consumer product? Let the guessing begin!

Article says that they're already talking to potential suitors.

I feel better right now than I did when Coke snaked out. MOF, this is a non issue to me because I'm more than confident that something will get done. Especially because of drag racing's resurgence post pandemic.

No ROI I think it is going to be a tough road ahead. Heck Coke locked up all the drink concessions and walked out. NHRA seems to think they are calling all the shots, maybe way back when but not now. A very poor business model.
Lack of car count, inflation insane, EV around the corner.
The writing that has been on the wall is coming home to roost. Outlaw drag racing is selling out tracks all over, new business model is needed.

No ROI I think it is going to be a tough road ahead. Heck Coke locked up all the drink concessions and walked out. NHRA seems to think they are calling all the shots, maybe way back when but not now. A very poor business model.
Lack of car count, inflation insane, EV around the corner.
The writing that has been on the wall is coming home to roost. Outlaw drag racing is selling out tracks all over, new business model is needed.
Crowds have not been a problem for the NHRA post pandemic.

Sometimes sponsors don't renew because after a few years, it may see diminishing returns, which dictates a change in direction. Doesn't mean it wasn't successful. Like Bruce said, nothing lasts forever, especially in today's world. The internet already has a bunch of negative nellies declaring the end of NHRA, it's really insane. CW gave a pretty good headsup about their intentions, meaning there's a lot of runway for NHRA to find a replacement. Keep in mind, NHRA has attracted some really influential people lately, such as Tony Stewart and the Maynards, who have pretty stout Rolodexes (remember those?), so you never know where the next intro to the next partner may come from.

Camping is a luxury and those activities suffer during an inflation like we are experiencing now. In better times I think CW would stay on as a sponsor. Any new sponsor should be something that is recession proof, if possible.

coke hung around and used 3 different brands. camping world is one brand. they wanted to make a splash and that's what they did.
i agree with above comments, it will be difficult to replace CW, much less with a larger $$ package. hope it works out.

Companies aren't sponsors so the top execs can go to events. They are sponsors to generate revenue. If CW is leaving NHRA, it is because they are not seeing the results they wanted.
Just like Traxxas, came in got the exposure they needed, on to next... Common business practice, thank them and move on

Hi, don't comment here much. But, I found it wild that I could go to a Camping World sponsored event and not see 1 show model camper, no manufacturer displays for the RV world or anything similar. I only attended Dallas so maybe it was just missed at this event.

As an RV owner I was actually hoping something would be displayed.
Like most everything else, you only get out what you put in. I'll let people draw their own conclusions as to my meaning.
NHRA's next owner/sponsor may be hanging out in the Top Alcohol pits.
Or the guy who hangs out in the nitro FC pits, enjoying an occasional sip of Tequila....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back