Hagan Will Debut Magneti Marelli Colors During NHRA Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (March 13, 2013) - During a two-week hiatus between NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series events, the Funny Car driven by Matt Hagan underwent a makeover to showcase the yellow and blue colors of Don Schumacher Racing partner Magneti Marelli Quality Auto Parts Offered by Mopar.

Magneti Marelli is an international group committed to the design and production of automotive hi-tech systems and components. A partner of Mopar, Magneti Marelli supplies more than 30 product lines and more than 2,000 part numbers to Mopar's product portfolio.

Magneti Marelli will be the primary sponsor on Hagan's 10,000-horsepower Dodge Charger R/T for multiple events in 2013.

"To have partners like Magneti Marelli step up and run multiple races as primary sponsor with us is why it's huge for me to part of DSR," said Hagan, the 2011 NHRA Funny Car world champion. "I think it speaks volumes for DSR and the program that we have. We just have a great program, and I think we can continue to show success and keep Magneti Marelli, Mopar and Rocky Boots up front."

Up front is where Hagan left off two weeks ago at Phoenix with a runner-up finish to DSR teammate Ron Capps and is ranked third in points. Despite the time off, Hagan believes his team still has momentum heading this weekend to the NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville, Fla.

"I really hate that we had such a long break after Phoenix," he said. "You really want to get right back after it and keep things moving forward and make sure we keep progressing. A lot of that is just getting back in the saddle and making things happen. And that's what we'll have to do this weekend."

The Gatornationals will be the first national event on the East Coast for the NHRA Mello Yello series.

"Gainesville is a great race for everyone on the East coast. They've been cooped up all winter and this is their first chance to really get out to an event and see what we're doing.

"Just to be able to carry the banner for that brand is phenomenal. Mopar is one of the top brands out here and my fan base has grown just from being associated with Mopar. The brand speaks for itself and hopefully we can represent it well enough to put it and Magneti Marelli in the Winner's Circle."

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back