NHRA apps for Android? (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
Anyone tried either of the NHRA apps for the Android OS? I have a Droid X and see there are 2 NHRA apps available for it. They don't cost all that much, a few bucks each maybe, but was wondering if anyone on here has tried either (or both) of them and could provide a review if possible.

Thanks!

Anyone tried either of the NHRA apps for the Android OS? I have a Droid X and see there are 2 NHRA apps available for it. They don't cost all that much, a few bucks each maybe, but was wondering if anyone on here has tried either (or both) of them and could provide a review if possible.

Thanks!

yup I have it for my droid incredible and it works well depending on signal strength, I was getting incremental's for our run while going down the return road at englishtown. But had trouble at Z max when i tested it during an alcohol session. It wouldn't refresh and skipped runs. Tower saturation i suppose.

I have the NHRA app on my Motorola Droid and it works fine. I highly recommend it.

Hey gang, what do these apps provide??? and how much $$ I'm due an upgrade on my cell maybe I'll check out these andriods.

NHRA Mobile v2.2.10 Application for Android | Entertainment

The one called "NHRA Mobile" says, "At the race? No need to go through the cost and hassle of buying paper timecards and qualifying sheets...Get it all from your phone at your seat or in the pits!" It's $4.99 from the Android Market. I just got the Droid X yesterday and it's amazing and I haven't even scratched the surface of what these things can do.

Last edited:
I got the NHRA Mobile app through GOTV on in my Google Android Market for $4.99. Looks just like the one I had on my blackberry and I believe I paid $9.99 last season for it.

I got the NHRA Mobile app through GOTV on in my Google Android Market for $4.99. Looks just like the one I had on my blackberry and I believe I paid $9.99 last season for it.

The BlackBerry app is now $4.99. It works great. My only question is why is the app so expensive? I just downloaded the #1 rated app (Poynt) to my BlackBerry and it's FREE. It is the most incredible app I've ever seen...and it's FREE.

Oh well, I guess it's nice to have an NHRA app, but charging $5.00 for something you use on alternating weeks, seasonally, seems quite high....

Oh well, I guess it's nice to have an NHRA app, but charging $5.00 for something you use on alternating weeks, seasonally, seems quite high....

Last year the F1 iPhone app was something ridiculous like $30 for each quarter of the season. This year it is free. Hopefully the NHRA sees the light.

Hey gang, what do these apps provide??? and how much $$ I'm due an upgrade on my cell maybe I'll check out these andriods.

The NHRA app didm't do much on my Droid X and I just got a refund.

It would have been very cool had it worked but I never got more than the pair it loaded upon startup. I tried refreshing, etc., but it never really did what it was supposed to.

It has listings of the driver and present qualified position, a picture, and a listing of all the incrementals. You can click on a tab to see the qualified list and there's also another one for the ladder.

Using both a Wifi and and a 3G signal made no difference. I sometimes could get the next pair manuallly but most of the time it would lose a pair or so before updating my sceen.

The way it is, it's just really frustratimg. When you see the same pair for 5 minutes at a time, there's no way to tell if the app has locked up, there's been an oildown, or if rain hit the track.

Like I said, I got my money back but would buy it again in a heartbeat if it actually worked.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back