NEWS REPORT - HEARTLAND MOTORSPORTS PARK SOLD (1 Viewer)

This is very good news, and a dedicated thread to discuss this topic. The new owners want to bring back drag racing. Awesome.

I just wish they could improve the layout of the facility. The pitside stands are pretty far away from the track and the spectator stands are a good hike to the pits.
Oh yeah, it’s like a half a mile to the pits. Well, it’s tough to walk it, but it just kind of speaks to the expanse of land in the Midwest, where everything is spread out.

Oh yeah, it’s like a half a mile to the pits. Well, it’s tough to walk it, but it just kind of speaks to the expanse of land in the Midwest, where everything is spread out.
I know part of the drag strip was used as a portion of the road course originally. Not sure if they even did any road racing there before closing. I loved going to the night national events they had in July in the 90’s.

I always liked going to Topeka even though I live in California. However, I would not go back if they hold it in July/August. Last time was brutal with heat/humidity.

Exactly, the layout sucks for the fans. I hope flying H gets a national event in the future, not Topeka.
I will go to Flying H for their first national event. I was surprised they didn’t get on the schedule for 2025. I wonder if the rain and safety issues from the regional kept them off the schedule. Very fortunate that somebody wasn’t killed.

What safety issue?
This was during the regional race. I was not there but heard about it from somebody that was. This is from Facebook about the incident.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    990.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    742.7 KB · Views: 367
This was during the regional race. I was not there but heard about it from somebody that was. This is from Facebook about the incident.
*grimace* first I’ve seen on this, thank you.

Yeah, they might want to fix those issues before they host 330 miles an hour cars, let’s just forget about 270 mile an hour cars. It’s just their first year, but this is unfortunate. I’m sure NHRA raised an eyebrow, or two.

Yeah, they might want to fix those issues before they host 330 miles an hour cars, let’s just forget about 270 mile an hour cars. It’s just their first year, but this is unfortunate. I’m sure NHRA raised an eyebrow, or two.
Just remember that it was a NHRA regional race so they had to be aware of the current condition. I heard that if your track shutdown was at least a certain length, a sand trap with a catch net is not required. I could be wrong but I don’t believe Phoenix or Norwalk have a net. However there shouldn’t be other dangers at the very end. The Bartone team only run regional races that are held at national event tracks because of track and safety issues.

Is that a sanctioned track? How in the world did it get sanctioned with a set up like that? It's a brand new facility. Unreal.

Is that a sanctioned track? How in the world did it get sanctioned with a set up like that? It's a brand new facility. Unreal.
Yes it is a NHRA sanctioned track. I don’t have any answers. I just think it could be the reason it isn’t currently on the 2025 schedule.

It was my understanding that when there was a Divisional race at a track, that the NHRA basically took over the entire operation and ran the race themselves. This included the safety end of things.

It was my understanding that when there was a Divisional race at a track, that the NHRA basically took over the entire operation and ran the race themselves. This included the safety end of things.
that is my understanding as well. how were the top end safety devices overlooked/ignored? someone had to have been to end of track prior to the race?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back