Memphis Motorsports Park Sold (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if Dover Entertainment has approved the bid. Last I heard was they were still waiting. If it is approved, this has to be the deal of the century for a race track.

Not a distressed sale ! :D Much longer and Pecan Trees will be growing through the pavement !
I hope this is good news for Memphis racers !

Now someone needs to step up and rescue Gateway !

Last edited:
This is great news, and has to be the bargain of the century for a race track. You couldn't even get started good building something like this for $2 million. Sure hope we can get a Super Chevy back at Memphis.

A close friend of mine, who is in the race promotion business, told me that the timing equipment and necessary equipment to operate the track were already removed by Dover. If this is true, the new owner does not get a turn-key operation.

A close friend of mine, who is in the race promotion business, told me that the timing equipment and necessary equipment to operate the track were already removed by Dover. If this is true, the new owner does not get a turn-key operation.

As long as Dover did not remove the blacktop, it is still a deal. Sure hope they can get up and running for next spring---IHRA, bears, lions, tigers, popcorn or not LOL:D

As long as they don't move the grandstands back 100 yards - and build a parallel (universe) second track to run Four Wide, I'll be happy.

It may be important to note James use of the work "don't"

... and stop calling me Shirley . . .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back