New Generation won't get this.... (5 Viewers)

The Bounty Hunter has built one heck of a one-two punch of Top Fuel cars.

(side note) My favorite episode of Miami Vice was "Smuggler's Blues." The title song is still one of my favorites. The late Glenn Frey from Eagles starred.
 
The Bounty Hunter has built one heck of a one-two punch of Top Fuel cars.
But it has taken them quite a few years to get where they are today. Recall that when they brought AJ on board to tune Doug's car, there was not overnight improvement. Also the 2nd team car (Langdon's) was tuned by Connie for years, so was always inconsistent. It wasn't until they brought Husen in (I think he is the tuner for Langdon's car) that his car started performing as good or sometimes better than Doug's car.

Still wonder what will happen to that operation when Connie dies. I sure hope they have an endowment in place (to augment the sponsorships) for the 3 teams to continue for many more years.
 
But it has taken them quite a few years to get where they are today. Recall that when they brought AJ on board to tune Doug's car, there was not overnight improvement. Also the 2nd team car (Langdon's) was tuned by Connie for years, so was always inconsistent. It wasn't until they brought Husen in (I think he is the tuner for Langdon's car) that his car started performing as good or sometimes better than Doug's car.

Still wonder what will happen to that operation when Connie dies. I sure hope they have an endowment in place (to augment the sponsorships) for the 3 teams to continue for many more years.
Nobody said the team’s success happened overnight.
Part of the building process requires figuring out who fits best.
That’s what Connie has done as team leader. He brought in somebody else to tune Langdon’s car.
Hiring AJ was the first step in the process with Doug’s car. It even took AJ a bit to get everything figured out. But, look at where that team is now.
Sometimes, successful leaders come to realize they may not be the best person for the job. A good leader puts their emotions aside and finds the best person for the job.
I’d say Connie has done that for both teams.
 
Nobody said the team’s success happened overnight.
Part of the building process requires figuring out who fits best.
That’s what Connie has done as team leader. He brought in somebody else to tune Langdon’s car.
Hiring AJ was the first step in the process with Doug’s car. It even took AJ a bit to get everything figured out. But, look at where that team is now.
Sometimes, successful leaders come to realize they may not be the best person for the job. A good leader puts their emotions aside and finds the best person for the job.
I’d say Connie has done that for both teams.
Hire people smarter than you in their field and listen to them. That's what smart leaders do
 
I watched Miami Vice every Friday. Was not thrilled when they replaced the Daytona Spyder (modified Corvette) with a real Testarossa because Ferrari hated the replicas getting attention. Fast forward to 2009 and I get to work on a REAL Ferrari Daytona Spyder and it's now a $3m car....
the car- https://rmsothebys.com/auctions/az22/lots/r0076-1971-ferrari-365-gts4-daytona-spider-by-scaglietti/

ps -They are currently filming the reboot of Miami Vice in of all places...... New Jersey! Wayne, Newark and then some in NYC. Potted huge palm trees were trucked in....now I've seen everything
 
You guys are a tough crowd, as I recall the first year AJ went to Kalitta they finished second behind Antron.

And Brian Husen has been AJs right hand man for many years, they work very well together.

Alan
 
I watched Miami Vice every Friday. Was not thrilled when they replaced the Daytona Spyder (modified Corvette) with a real Testarossa because Ferrari hated the replicas getting attention. Fast forward to 2009 and I get to work on a REAL Ferrari Daytona Spyder and it's now a $3m car....
the car- https://rmsothebys.com/auctions/az22/lots/r0076-1971-ferrari-365-gts4-daytona-spider-by-scaglietti/

ps -They are currently filming the reboot of Miami Vice in of all places...... New Jersey! Wayne, Newark and then some in NYC. Potted huge palm trees were trucked in....now I've seen everything

Interesting, I'd read something not long ago about a possible re-boot. The movie wasn't bad but it didn't feel connected to the tv show at all.

I remember also watching it every Friday at 10 also, and LOVED when "Crime Story" aired before it. Michael Mann is a genius behind the camera. I hope he's involved with the reboot.

If anyone on here liked Miami Vice back then, and you've never seen "Crime Story", you must check it out. One of the best cop shows ever and very, very well done as a period piece too. Torello's 57 Chrysler 300C convertible is a car I still lust heavily for.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top