New England Dragway?? (1 Viewer)

The biggest problem I have with the NED track is that it is just to darn far from California. I left 1 hour after the last pair of fuel cars ran and I have been sitting on my azzz, hanging on to the steering wheel, looking out of my big picture window watching the world go by... and I'm still 75 miles from Texas.:(
...or is it Cali that's too far from NED?!:D:D:D

Last edited:
...or is it Cali that's too far from NED?!:D:D:D
Either way I'm just glad I only have to do this trip once a year.:) I'm already missing that pizza place we always eat at in Epping though;). I was kind of glad to leave the heat in Epping but it is going to be 105 when I go through Needles tomorrow. See you next week buddy.

Yeah 80's and 90's when I lived up there, the divisionals were packed. We had some great TAFC's up that way, Ace Manzo, Bob Newberry, Bell Boys, Ed Parker....it was a great time.

Aside from the divisionals, NED always put on great shows - funny cars under the stars, jet cars under the stars and match races back when that was a thing. Before the pros were racing every weekend, they used to have some Funny Car match races the week before Maple Grove (if memory serves) so it seems Force was always there match racing.

Is there any other track in New England getting major shows??

from the air on Friday after the morning rains
NED airiel.jpg

Major shows? In this area there is Lebanon Valley in upstate New York, not to far from Springfield Mass. They have a Div 1 race. Oxford Plains, 1/8 in Southern Maine. Winterport Dragway, 1/8 in central Maine. Going South I think the closest track is Atco in NJ.

I don't think there are any in New England with the history of NED.

It may be a po-dunk track but back in the day I would have put it firmly behind Englistown (for historical draws) for any East Coast track.

Yeah 80's and 90's when I lived up there, the divisionals were packed. We had some great TAFC's up that way, Ace Manzo, Bob Newberry, Bell Boys, Ed Parker....it was a great time.

Aside from the divisionals, NED always put on great shows - funny cars under the stars, jet cars under the stars and match races back when that was a thing. Before the pros were racing every weekend, they used to have some Funny Car match races the week before Maple Grove (if memory serves) so it seems Force was always there match racing.

Back in the "good old days", Force & Johnny West would join the regional cars (Etchells, Hofmann, Caminito, Lagana Sr., The Raybestos/US Male car, with rotating drivers) would be at NED at least 3x a year. The wicked cool part was Tim Grose running the quickest in history at 5.47 back in 1986. I am completely sure there was some experimenting going on with that run :)

Either way I'm just glad I only have to do this trip once a year.:) I'm already missing that pizza place we always eat at in Epping though;). I was kind of glad to leave the heat in Epping but it is going to be 105 when I go through Needles tomorrow. See you next week buddy.

...yeah but it's a dry heat....:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back