Netflix (and Ruko) ? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Any Netflix subscribers out there? Do you just get DVDs by mail or do you view online? Ruko is a "box" that receives online content in lieu of a wii, PSP or xbox and at $89.00 for the HD version seems like a good buy.
We spend about $30 a month on movie tiers on Cox and Jeannie is excited about dropping these for a lot more available content from Netflix.
As you know, "Happy Wife, Happy Life" is very important - :D
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I have Netflix, 2 DVD at a time service, and I love it. It allows my wife to pick her movies and the kids to pick their movies. I use the on-line streaming via the Wii and the kids love it. Previously I had the Directv package where I had all their movie channels, so I downgraded that to only HBO (I love Entourage) and everyone seems happy because they can pick the movies they watch instead of being stuck with what ever is on TV.

Any Netflix subscribers out there? Do you just get DVDs by mail or do you view online? Ruko is a "box" that receives online content in lieu of a wii, PSP or xbox and at $89.00 for the HD version seems like a good buy.
We spend about $30 a month on movie tiers on Cox and Jeannie is excited about dropping these for a lot more available content from Netflix.

We get Netflix through the mail and PSP. The PSP is handy, it downloads them and streams the movies thorugh the internet. They are not quite HD, but they are better then Low Def like you'd see on regular TV. The only down side to the streaming videos is that the selection is pretty crappy. It seems like 75% of the movies are really old, or made for TV, or ones I never heard of. There are a few that I happen to like, when they line up its pretty cool. They have a huge selection of TV shows too. I was watching the Knight Rider tv show the other night, and Chappelle's show unedited.

But you can always order them through the mail. I think they come in a day or two, very quickly. Most of them are in stock. And their online through the mail selection is pretty much unlimited.

With Netflix and now that Redbox thats everywhere, I can't believe there are any video stores still around. So much better then back in the day watching horrible quality VHS movies.

I have the $8 a Month unlimited one at a Time! Love it!

We do Netflix. We have a wi-fi bluray player that we use for ours in addition to the one at a time DVD's. We have loved it so far. Tons of choices for instant download.

recently completed my home theater setup........movies never looked
and sounded so awesome, all from the comfort of my couch.

blu-ray movies are incredible........does netflix or other services have
blu-rays in their selection?

recently completed my home theater setup........movies never looked
and sounded so awesome, all from the comfort of my couch.

blu-ray movies are incredible........does netflix or other services have
blu-rays in their selection?

Yes, Netflix has BluRay available, primarily for new releases. You do have to pay extra (I think I pay $4 extra a month on three movies at a time unlimited) I have a BluRay player, 42 inch Toshiba LCD HDTV and Bose home theater speaker system. I live about 15 miles from the nearest movie theater so I have my mini theater in the family room.
Plus now that we have a kid, watching movies at home makes way more sense on a lot of levels. Netflix is SO convenient and with the amount of movies we watch on DVD it is exponentially cheaper than renting from Hollywood Video, which is what we used to do.
I also have an Xbox 360 with a one year Live subscription I got for Christmas that I haven't even set up yet. I had previously used Live for about four months (what you get for free when you first get an Xbox, I think) and it was wonderful.
I may not use that, though, now that we have a new desktop that we have hooked up directly to the TV in the family room. :D
Maybe I should sell the 360 since I haven't played it in more than nine months (i.e., since before the baby was born...lol).
Hmm. I shall ponder.

We have it, and also online streaming through my son's Playstation Blue Ray unit. Good quality. Movie quality is hit or miss. Obviously, they're not exactly going through their "A" list of movies, although there are some good ones. It's an excellent chance though to chatch up on some of your favorite TV shows, as there seem to be quite a few available that way. I also watch the online streaming on my wide screen computer monitor at night, if I want to watch something, but don't want the TV sound on. (My bride is a VERY light sleeper.) I have a really good quality digital graphics card, and a good quality sound card, so I can use my headphones, and my wife can sleep.

playing blu rays thru A/V receiver - signal out
to 55" led/lcd and listening thru 5 chnl speakers + sub
........totally blows me away :cool:

Last edited:
We have Netflix 1 movie at a time package. Stream movies to the wii & the blu ray player.I LOVE it!

Plus, I just read this weekend that Netflix and Epix just inked a deal that, beginning Sept 1st, is going to dramatically increase the amount of movies available on Streaming, including movies from Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate.

Info here.

So a good deal just got better! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back