national trail bleachers..... (1 Viewer)

ramblerjay

Nitro Member
was watching inside drag racing which had an event from columbus (national trail raceway) and couldn't help but notice that most of the bleachers (right lane side of the track) are gone! are they rebuilding or what?

That's normal - the right-side seats are installed for the national event, then taken down. I don't know if they use them somewhere else or if they are rented for the nationals, but they are conspicuously absent for the divisional and other events, so they won't be there for the SPORTSnationals this coming weekend.

I am trying to remember the details - those stands may be shared with IRP, which also lacks right-side stands except for the U.S. Nationals. I'll ask when I get to the track Wednesday - unless somebody can provide the details before then.

I am trying to remember the details - those stands may be shared with IRP, which also lacks right-side stands except for the U.S. Nationals. I'll ask when I get to the track Wednesday - unless somebody can provide the details before then.

Those are the same bleachers they put up beside the right lane at IRP.

You've got to be kidding! How many permanent grandstands could they have built for the cost of moving those bleachers around? Sounds like something the government would do.

You've got to be kidding! How many permanent grandstands could they have built for the cost of moving those bleachers around? Sounds like something the government would do.
Forget the cost of moving the temporary bleachers! How much would it cost to put in permanent seating compared to the cost of those luxury skyboxes they are building?

Those are the same bleachers they put up beside the right lane at IRP.

I thought IRP moved their temp bleachers back and forth from the drag strip to the oval track depending on when and where they need 'em. I know temporary bleachers are used everywhere except the main straight away on the oval.

Same deal here in Memphis, the Nitro section is put up and then disassembled every year for the Mid-South Nationals.

Darr,

You and I have been sharing the same brainwaves on the luxury box deal ever since it began.

In light of the success of 'Driving Force', I think that $3.2 mill could have been better spent on advertising with A&E and making other infrastructure improvements, like better restroom facilities and pernament fan seating.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back