National Events and a Bright Future Directs Darin Bay to Steady the Course (1 Viewer)

After two straight years where it was unknown whether or not the Warped Speed Jet Car Team would return for another season or go into retirement, team owner Darin Bay recently decided he’s in it for the long haul. Proof of his renewed commitment and vigor is the purchase of a new semi truck needed to replace the truck and trailer he sold last year.

Darin realized this past fall that drag racing and jet cars in particular is where his heart is after already selling off parts of his team. “I decided that jet car racing is what I like to do. I really don’t have any other interests other than my family and business. And I refuse to set foot on a golf course” Darin said. Darin began his career in the 1980’s racing the Alky Motion Dodge Omni funny car before graduating to a jet funny car and then grew his team into a four car operation before scaling back to just one dragster and a funny car which are both driven by longtime drag racing veteran Richard Smith.

One of the main reasons Darin decided to charge ahead with his plans to continue Warped Speed indefinitely is due to NHRA’s new commitment to racing jet cars at national events as an exhibition. “Prior to this year, NHRA would not pay us to make exhibition passes. Now, NHRA is behind us 100 percent and they want a jet car exhibition race at almost all of their national events” Darin said.

Performance is also high on Darin’s list. “You will see more 300 MPH runs. I expect we will be in the 310 MPH zone or faster” he added. Darin also knew that parking his team would put local race tracks in a bind since there were only a couple of jet cars remaining on the entire west coast.

Now, with renewed excitement and energy, Darin plans to spend more time at the races and get more involved with his team. “Last year I wasn’t able to be at the races as much as I would have liked. But this year I will be at the track more often and we plan to give everyone that stops by our pit a memorable fan friendly experience”.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back