N.H.R.A. again put on hold for the N.F.L. (1 Viewer)

bigguy

Nitro Member
I f the N.H.R.A.has a contract for a time slot ,put it on the sponsors of these team's need to be on time as this may well be presented to a new a possible team. May be look to TNT or TBS . Sorry for the rant.

Why is the Hall of Shame on the NFL network. Watching a bunch of long winded ex jocks tell they stories. I stayed up yo watch this..... Oh well ESPN 3 at 2pm est. is what Ill be watchin.

How long is toothy Strahan going to talk?
Now wonder he's a talk show host!
What a tool! Screw ESPN!

Thx espn,Learn how to schedule. We are in between to live shows tomorrow so be prepared for a nice screwing.

Nothing can touch the NFL and as someone said a live vs taped event swap will not happen.

Now the scheduling issue is bad. How can you plan that wrong to be 2 hours off? Luckily it was only qualifying

How long is toothy Strahan going to talk?
Now wonder he's a talk show host!
What a tool! Screw ESPN!

As a Giants fan, I enjoyed Strahan 's speech. :D

Personally, I wish that the hall of fame show was kept on the NFL network ONLY. Thank goodness I set my DVR to 3 hours additional recording time.

I watched the NHRA Qualifying as long as I could stomach it.......
BUT the "interviews" while cars were going down the track were ENDLESS......and then they kept talking GOLF ???
I had to shut it off...............

The NFL had +/- 17.5 million attend regular season games last year. Couple with over 205 million TV's last year and it is going to own any time slot it wants.

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the Sunday show would show a slight bump in ratings if there were no qualifying shows. I wonder how many casual fans put that show on on Saturday, thinking they're seeing "racing", only to find out it's just qualifying passes. Really, at this point, given it's 90% the same interviews, and qualifying passes of which most of the pro fields are coming in at just 16 cars, the only thing the qualifying shows seem to do is piss off the die hard fans that grumble about them being moved around. I wonder if a less ambitious, but more efficient television package would be cheaper for NHRA to sell and more enticing for the right network.

I came home from racing slot cars last night to find out that my Nascar race had been put on hold for a freakin college football game...now that was a big surprise!:) I guess it's a good thing that i always add an extra 2 hours to my recordings.:D

Stick and ball sports get all the media coverage and it does not seem to matter if it's TV or print coverage.

NASCAR does get some coverage in certain parts of the country and drag racing appears to be the step child that no one talks about.

I do not like it and I wish it was different but the old saying "It is what it is applies here"

High School football gets more coverage then racing in many newspapers across the county.

Jim Hill

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back