Does the N.H.R.A. have a webmaster? (1 Viewer)

Jimbo

Nitro Member
Just wondering why they always seem so slow to update their site.
I understand that right now there is a great deal going on and things are changing on a daily basis about if or when the next few races will take place or if they will just be running at Indy for the future.
Most large companies have one tech person in charge of making daily updates to their site.
Now more than ever fans and racers need information on what's on and when in order to make their plans.

Jim Hill

Just wondering why they always seem so slow to update their site.
I understand that right now there is a great deal going on and things are changing on a daily basis about if or when the next few races will take place or if they will just be running at Indy for the future.
Most large companies have one tech person in charge of making daily updates to their site.
Now more than ever fans and racers need information on what's on and when in order to make their plans.

Jim Hill

I agree, they need to focus on technology because that's the direction everything is going. Plus every 3rd article is a sponsored ad, kinda cheasy.

Perhaps they are more thinly staffed than usual.
I do agree that there are a lot of Google ads on there, way more than I would use for a corporate site. I remember once seeing a big Google ad for Mazda on there and thought to myself, I wonder what Toyota thinks about that? All of the official sponsors are way down the bottom, where virtually nobody would scroll to.

All of the official sponsors are way down the bottom, where virtually nobody would scroll to.

Yeah I agree with that and have wondered that myself. You put the people who actually pay you to be the "official" sponsor all the way at the bottom where nobody looks, but the top advertisement on the website (this last time I went on it) was for one of those virtual world games.

I would imagine it's six figures to be an official sponsor, but the ad that gets five cents per click gets top billing on the page. Weird way to treat the people supporting you.

Wow, today the N.H.R.A. updated their website with information on the next race.
I know that this is a full-time job for anyone who has ever been a webmaster I think will agree.

There are just so many details to either add or make adjustments to every day that it really takes a great deal of time to maintain a site that functions properly.
Jim Hill

What about almost daily you can find a link or article with a typo Screenshot_2020-07-22 Shop Talk Lohnes and Reinhart will play Wednesday Afternoon Quarterback.png

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back