Musical guilty pleasures and other question... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
So, what music do you like to listen to that you know your friends would look at you funny if you told them?

For me, it's Lita Ford. I heard the song "Kiss me Deadly" on the local classic rock station and though, "This is pretty good!" I discovered she actually has lots of other good songs too.

The other question is, what song or songs did you misunderstand when you first heard them? And no, "Purple Haze" doesn't count because every human being thinks he says "Kiss this guy."

For me it's Aerosmith's "Big Ten Inch Record." I was :eek: when I first heard it then when I read the lyrics I felt all sheepish.

This is what a co-worker said to me a couple of weeks ago: "Sam, why is it when you discover a new artist you're almost always about 20 years too late? First Metallica, then Lita? Damn."

Robbie Williams is my big guilty pleasure. He used to be in a boy band called Take That in the UK. I dunno, he can freaking sing. :p

I also listen to Norah Jones, Tony Bennett, lots of jazz like Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, as well as some rap like Jay-Z and Eminem. That usually surprises people.

Primarily I listen to hard rock, grunge, punk and some emo.

Amy Winehouse - life's a wreck but she can sing.
Dido
Eddie Vedder's - Into the Wild - awesome stuff
Joshua James
P!nk
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Tristan Prettyman
Warren Zevon
The Wreckers

and even though I'm "older than dirt"...Eminem - the language makes me cringe at times but the lyrics are wonderful stories.

Last edited:
My CD collection is awesome, and I still listen to them all; none is more sacred than the other. One minute it can be Ozzy & Zakk Wylde, then Boy George & Culture Club, then John Williams' Star Wars or Jaws soundtracks, then KISS, then Shania Twain, then maybe W.A.S.P., then Nelson, The Cirqe' De Soleil soundtrack, then CCR, then Gordon Lightfoot, then Twisted Sister, then Billy Joel, then Pantera, then Stars & Stripes Forever Marching Band hits, then Pat Benatar, then ESPN Jock Rock, then Megadeath, then the Bay City Rollers, then Kenny G, then the Stray Cats, then Stryper.... and any combination of hundereds more.

And I own each one of them for a reason. I think music (for me atleast) enables you to relive certain times in your life over & over again, and allows you to escape the real world sometimes. No matter what's being played on the radio or whoever's the hottest artist "RIGHT NOW".... I will always have "my" music.

And for top misunderstood song.... as many others have said before, I'll stick with "Blinded by the light"....... wrapped up like a douche in the rotor of the night ??? WTF ??
I just finally looked up those lyrics this summer.... after 30 years... I finally know what that song says.

something about a 32 ford perchance?

d'kid
revved up like a duce, you know the roamer in the night

Last edited:
My CD collection is awesome, and I still listen to them all; none is more sacred than the other. One minute it can be Ozzy & Zakk Wylde, then Boy George & Culture Club, then John Williams' Star Wars or Jaws soundtracks, then KISS, then Shania Twain, then maybe W.A.S.P., then Nelson, The Cirqe' De Soleil soundtrack, then CCR, then Gordon Lightfoot, then Twisted Sister, then Billy Joel, then Pantera, then Stars & Stripes Forever Marching Band hits, then Pat Benatar, then ESPN Jock Rock, then Megadeath, then the Bay City Rollers, then Kenny G, then the Stray Cats, then Stryper.... and any combination of hundereds more.

I am coming to listen to all your music! Well, except for what I already have... lol :D

So, what music do you like to listen to that you know your friends would look at you funny if you told them?

Mine response is a little different although kinda on the same subject...
I play this video game "RockBand" .. I consider that me guitly musical pleasure.. If i told most my friends i play a game with plastic instruments most would prolly laugh there asses off at me..

Mine response is a little different although kinda on the same subject...
I play this video game "RockBand" .. I consider that me guitly musical pleasure.. If i told most my friends i play a game with plastic instruments most would prolly laugh there asses off at me..

I LOOOVVEEE Guitar Hero/Rock Band. We used to have game nights (Cranium, Scattegories etc) ... now we have Rock Band night.

We listen to a lot of European groups because we lived over there for four years. One the best is Nightwish which is from Finland. If you want to here a really good song that would go with drag racing, download a song from a German group called "Die Happy". It's called Supersonic Speed. It would be a great lead-in for the national event shows on ESPN2.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back