Mountain Motor P/S at Houston (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
I noted that JR Carr ran 6.233 @ 227.80 in round 1. Is that the quickest & fastest ever for 1/4 mile in this class?

By the way, what did all y'all think of the race they put on? (Had to say all y'all cuz of my Texas family.) I would have been pretty excited to see it in person.

The car JR Carr is running is the one he had built to replace the car I bought from him last year. Makes me feel good. I already sent a text to Frank Gugliotta. :)

Watching MM pro stock today in person made me realize I miss pro stock hood scoops.

Last edited:
I think they are running 1/4 mile only in NHRA. They do run PDRA 1/8 mile & maybe some other tracks as well.

Years ago, the fastest door cars, unblown on gas, were A/Gas. This might be a stretch, but you could call MM P/S the quickest & fastest door cars, unblown on gas today, the equivlent of A/G. They are not even running the biggest engines, I think around 825 CI + -. Makes ya wonder what they could do with a 960 P/M motor....

They are Awesome because you can never guess how they are gonna leave the starting line. Definitely Not boring at all.

My son was at the Houston race and said the same thing. He liked the diversity of cars and felt they were more exciting than Pro Stocks.

I didn't miss the 500 CI Pro Stocks at all. Enjoyed the MM and PM. TAD was pretty darn good as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back