"Most Over-rated Funny Car Driver????" (1 Viewer)

If only Don Richerson was called 10,000.000 times in a row by Neilson Ratings. Unfortunatly Don, the world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around turning the average "Joe" into a drag racing fan. That isn't done by showing side by side races of Hank Estes vs. Phill Hobbs. It's done by showcasing personalities and making viewers "fans" by creating a relationship they can share, and a driver they can root for..

Just where in heck did you gather from my post that I was saying or implying that the world revilved around me...Get real George. I said I saw drag racing on TV before anyone that went to the drags and/or saw the drags on TV ever heard of John Force....or any other modern era driver. Your original post made it appear that there was ZERO TV of drag racing until TV discovered that there was a unique and interesting personaility that they then decided to put drag racing on TV. Also, your post makes it seem that I was the only one that ever saw drag racing on TV pre-John Force?!?!?!??!?! Haven't you seen some of the threads on this site talking about the good 'ol days with ASC, and the Diamond P drag shows. Heck, I have Diamond P and other video tapes that have hours and hours of drag racing...and none of it has John Force, so yes George, there WAS TV before Force came into the picture.
BTW, Neilson is located about 15 miles up the road from where I live, and I have nevered particapted in one of their poles.

Look....I DO NOT have anything against John Force. I like him...not a fan of his IE...hoping that he wins, but I like him. I think he is a icon of the sport.

What I don't like is trying to be told that drag racing basically was a goner, that no-one cared for drag racing, that drag racing wasn't on TV, that drag racer would never survive.......but all those woes went away, soley because of one individual.

Didn't happen....never will

drag racing and NHRA are not one and the same, drag racing will never die, NHRA could(was at least floundering). oops, iwas gonna quit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back