Millican redlight at NW Nationals. (1 Viewer)

LoPony

Nitro Member
Sorry for the spoiler if you haven’t seen it already.

Damn. I love these guys and I’ve been rooting for them all season. This is the second RL for Clay (I guess he gets nervous), but again, DAMN! Hate to see that and wonder what reactions are around here and what the potential fallout might be (if any).

Someone said that the earlier redlight (last year?) might have been the impetus behind Kloeber’s ouster from partsplus/Millican/Ware, but I don’t see how you can blame that on a crewchief. Jim-O seems to have that car running nicely now. Haha, the crew loved Clay at Denver, but I bet there are some stank eyes this weekend.

Just….dammit. I’ll look at Clay’s YouTube channel for the story. He always tells the truth.

The clown JR Todd stuff at the event was mildly entertaining, though. Almost as dumb as the fake Force/Pedregon argument in the yesteryears. Did anyone think that was real? I thought so, and then I rewatched it recently and it was so dumb. LOL.

Last edited:
And eating bananas.

Agree. I just hope this doesn’t have bad fallout for the team. They are on a trajectory now, but NO MORE REDLIGHTS.

The guy has two wins this season, but redlights yesterday and we're concerned about fallout? Clay is one of the best out there, redlights happen, just like being left on.
I don't think it's the redlight that concerns fans. it's the excessive time of the redlight.

Sorry for the spoiler if you haven’t seen it already.

Damn. I love these guys and I’ve been rooting for them all season. This is the second RL for Clay (I guess he gets nervous), but again, DAMN! Hate to see that and wonder what reactions are around here and what the potential fallout might be (if any).

Someone said that the earlier redlight (last year?) might have been the impetus behind Kloeber’s ouster from partsplus/Millican/Ware, but I don’t see how you can blame that on a crewchief. Jim-O seems to have that car running nicely now. Haha, the crew loved Clay at Denver, but I bet there are some stank eyes this weekend.

Just….dammit. I’ll look at Clay’s YouTube channel for the story. He always tells the truth.

The clown JR Todd stuff at the event was mildly entertaining, though. Almost as dumb as the fake Force/Pedregon argument in the yesteryears. Did anyone think that was real? I thought so, and then I rewatched it recently and it was so dumb. LOL.
Won't be any fallout from his team, they make mistakes too. They are a tight knit bunch they all have each other's back's. The important thing is after all of Rick Ware's investment the car is finally going down the track. More good things are coming!

I’m happy to hear that. He has a good bunch of kids working on that car, and they all seem to love him dearly, and they all seem to like JimO really well too. At least from what I can see. So we’ll just write this one off and look forward to Sonoma.

Last edited:
I wonder if anybody questioning Clay’s red light has ever staged a car of any kind in eliminations themselves…..
I used to race bracket cars, and yes, I have red lighted. More than once. I’m not questioning Clay, people get antsy. And he is right there with the best of them on the tree. My main concern was (and is) about the team and the owner, as If they didn’t understand red lights also.

I am soothed by Brian’s response above. I know Seattle has to be disappointing to Clay and everyone on the team but I just really want them to win, and I don’t want to see anything bad happen to that team. They are doing well right now.

Last edited:
I used to race bracket cars, and yes, I have red lighted. More than once. I’m not questioning Clay, people get antsy. And he is right there with the best of them on the tree. My main concern was (and is) about the team and the owner, as If they didn’t understand red lights also.

I am soothed by Brian’s response above. I know Seattle has to be disappointing to Clay and everyone on the team but I just really want them to win, and I don’t want to see anything bad happen to that team. They are doing well right now.
I've watched Clay's youtube channel for the last two years, that young crew has been mentored by Clay, Doug Stringer, Mike Kloeber and now Jim O. Anyone who thinks his crew would be critical really needs to watch his channel. If you haven't you've never seen anything like it. No other Nhra nitro team brings you into the crew chiefs lounge and let's you listen in. That team has incredible chemistry and it will only get better as they start to go rounds and also win some races.

I've watched Clay's youtube channel for the last two years, that young crew has been mentored by Clay, Doug Stringer, Mike Kloeber and now Jim O. Anyone who thinks his crew would be critical really needs to watch his channel. If you haven't you've never seen anything like it. No other Nhra nitro team brings you into the crew chiefs lounge and let's you listen in. That team has incredible chemistry and it will only get better as they start to go rounds and also win some races.
Yessir, I think I’ve watched everything he’s done on that channel, some vids more than once. Great, informative channel and nice view of the insides of a TF team.

Don Garlits once said that if you don't red light, yer not racin'. I laughed reading Chis' comment on him red lighting as an ET racer cuz I did that too. I raced my old beater '58 Ford at San Fernando in Bracket 6 (which was the slow cars). I remember red lighting cuz I was just trying so hard to cut a light. Also remember being so nervous that my left leg was shaking. But once I let out the clutch, I was OK. I also had the guts to show up at Lions in my 1966 Falcon 6 banger (20.20 ET). I did put a hole shot on a Datsun pick up and I was winning up until around 300'...... heh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back