Rick Ware Racing YouTube channel, Clay Millican, PFI interview, nice watch. (1 Viewer)

LoPony

Nitro Member
Not being a schill for RWR, but if you look up his channel (or Clay’s) on YouTube, there is a 1.3 hr. Interview with Rick Ware that just posted. I learned a lot about the mechanisms of multi Motorsport racing, and you get some hints at how they got Nicky Boninfante as asst. Crew chief, and what RWR future might hold, all kinds of insights. Thought it might be interesting to most of us. Promoting the sport.

without sounding brash, i don't understand where the pfi guy figures into all of this (i get it, he is clay's buddy)
long, greasy hair under a backwards hat.....really?

without sounding brash, i don't understand where the pfi guy figures into all of this (i get it, he is clay's buddy)
The reality is that most drag racing fans today as well as potential fans can relate to Brent more than than they can to almost anyone else. Brent figures in because he is one of the guys who figured out the Youtube thing as well as he represents a demographic that isn't heavily involved in NHRA drag racing to this point. His 375k subscribers have had a crash course lately and it's a good thing to see. And it wouldn't have the same impact if he changed his image for 1 video.

That 'long greasy hair under a backwards hat' is Brent who has a HUGE following through his channel PFI Speed. His channel crosses over a lot with Cleetus McFarland and he does some cool grass roots drag racing with FWD Hondas and such. Now he is introducing a whole lot of people to Top Fuel.

I think we're all kinda used to the hair and hat thing these days but his starting line videos at the Pro race were annoying as hell with all the over the top screaming and swearing. (That starting line crowd looked like a disaster waiting to happen)

I've basically avoided anything Cleetus did after watching a few of his videos years ago but I give him a bunch more respect with the video he posted about the situation with the Bradenton track and the encroaching development. I thought that was nicely done.

I think we're all kinda used to the hair and hat thing these days but his starting line videos at the Pro race were annoying as hell with all the over the top screaming and swearing. (That starting line crowd looked like a disaster waiting to happen)

I've basically avoided anything Cleetus did after watching a few of his videos years ago but I give him a bunch more respect with the video he posted about the situation with the Bradenton track and the encroaching development. I thought that was nicely done.
I kind of agree, but you have to remember this is their first nitro event. They have never seen anything like this before, and the collaboration between these people is bringing a lot of younger guys with different perspectives into the sport of NHRA drag racing. We have to embrace it folks. Well, I don’t guess we have to embrace it, but in the interest of bettering and longevity of the sport, we need to.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back