Mike Dunn (1 Viewer)

He's clearly proven himself as a "Top Shelf" driver in both fuel classes and I don't think he has anything to prove there whatsoever.

For me, I really like him in the booth saving us from the ignorance that can come from the broadcast school graduates they would otherwise hire. I say we will continue to learn more about his professionallism as a driver from the booth than we could ever add to what he's already done in a car. His insight into the details of the sport are essential for an informed viewer.

Picture Paul Page describing tire shake and the subsequent wet cylinders syndrome the unloading can cause? Keep Mike in the booth to save us all.

I hope they are paying him a lot more money for putting up with Paul Page and the monotone voice. It's making me sleepy just thinking about it.

Are you thinking that Mike Dunn would have to BUY a seat in TF or Funny Car? I would think that he would be on just about any team's "short list" of drivers that they would like to acquire.

I can't speak for Robert, but I personally believe the answer is a definitive YES - everyone has to buy a seat these days. It's rarely about talent as much as bringing money... Sad, but true.

Dunn is fabulous. His explanations are so clear, concise and brief and his intimate knowledge of the sports make you feel like an insider when he speaks.
Just one question, what kind of an accent does he have? I can't pin it down.

I can't speak for Robert, but I personally believe the answer is a definitive YES - everyone has to buy a seat these days. It's rarely about talent as much as bringing money... Sad, but true.
I agree with Robert too. As to Mike in the booth, we keep saying how great he is, why would they not renew him? I think he does an excellent job and hope he stays.:cool:

I - everyone has to buy a seat these days. It's rarely about talent as much as bringing money... Sad, but true.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing that a driver be expected to have some close association with a sponsor. They're not hired JUST to drive. They have to be part of the entire marketing effort.
If you call (for example) Whit Bazemore "buying a ride" -he prolly brought Matco to Powers (had some important role, no doubt) then so be it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back