Mike Dunn?? (2 Viewers)

Jer

Nitro Member
Dunno if i should get this started already,but I wonder whats MD's plans are for next year since his contract with ESPN expires this year? Id like to see him in a car but on the other hand he sure does good in the booth.

I think he's great in the booth and ESPN will probably make him an offer that's hard to refuse. I'd love to see him driving again, but hope he gets whatever works for him. :)

Yea, it would be great to see Mike back behind the wheel of a fuel car, but then again, he does such an incredible job in that booth. Could he be a superman and do both jobs since it's prerecorded? Oh well, lets just hope he does what makes him the happiest!:D

I'll selfishly admit that I rather prefer to see him in the booth. He's "been there and done that" with both fuel cars and has nothing left to prove as far as I'm concerned. As a driver again, I suspect his schedule would be far more hectic and taxing, we'd only see 1/100th of him than we do now and even if he landed with a winning team, he'd just be one of the great drivers again? I want him beside the revolving door of Reids, Pages, whomevers to keep some constancy amid the change. I think he's as good at describing the details of this sport as anyone since he's been on both sides of the fence.

Time with your family and money talks. How much does a fuel driver make 200-300k a year? ESPN has big bucks, that's one reason your cable-satellite bill is so high. They get several bucks a month from everyone that gets it, lots of $$ flowing into their doors.

No question: I want to see Dunn remain in the booth. He does a great job as a broadcaster for ESPN and I'd hate to lose him no matter how nice it would be to see him driving again.

Id almost wager he will be driving in 2007!!

i hope he stays in the booth, this year espn graced our pleasure with paul page:mad: , imagine who they come up with if dunn leaves. whos gunna cover mr personalitys mistakes.;)

Hope Mike Dunn does what makes him happy. That said he is a great color guy in the booth. Second, get Snake in there with him more often, I don't remember which event it was eariier this season when Snake went into the 'penalty box' but the two of them were awesome!

Not this hold any validity but I was told one time by someone who is close to things that Mike wanted to go racing again a couple years ago but ESPN told him if he left his contract early, there may never be any chance at a job ever again.it is my opinion the he wants to race.Heck he is too good a driver IMO for some team out there not to have.Maybe he just hasn't been available.but now he will be.Just my conspiriacy theory.I like him in the booth but he is a racer and racers belong on the track.

Id almost wager he will be driving in 2007!!

I agree. I (selfishly) want him in the booth. But he has made it very clear that he wants to drive. It has been in his blood his whole life and I think if he gets a good ride he will be all over it!!

DRO says Dave Rieff will be paired up with Mike Dunn next season with Mr. Reinhart as the latest addition to the pit reporting staff. Both good moves, if you ask me!!!

Late.....................Mitch

DRO says Dave Rieff will be paired up with Mike Dunn next season with Mr. Reinhart as the latest addition to the pit reporting staff. Both good moves, if you ask me!!!

Late.....................Mitch

I know that Mike Dunn would rather be racing but this combination of talent is exactly what I've been hoping would happen. Dave Rieff has that genuine excitement about racing that springs from the screen and what else can be said about 'our Alan'??? I hope their (DRO) source is reliable. Didn't Mike Dunn just mention something about the politics in the sport being something he didn't like? He's superb at broadcasting - and doesn't have to deal with the other stuff.

On a sidenote - have to agree that The Snake would also be a wonderful guest broadcaster. He just seemed totally at ease with it and imagine what wonderful historical bits of trivia he'd be able to share!!! :cool:

Linda
aka Fast455
(who's also wondering if this color font is okay on the eyes...I'm experimenting...)

The selfish side of me wants Mike to remain in the booth... he's excellent. I know how much he wants to drive & compete too, so I would like to see him do that again too. Ultimately I hope he's able to do whatever he wants, and what makes he & his family happy. If he's not in the booth, it'll be tough for me to take, but I'll be one of his biggest cheerleaders while he's driving down the quartermile.

we interupt your regularly scheduled thread

Linda
aka Fast455
(who's also wondering if this color font is okay on the eyes...I'm experimenting...)[/B]
I love the color Linda... I love green, any shade of green, and if it weren't for red, green would be by far my favorite color.
:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back